1. ShannonH

ShannonH Senior Member Contest Winner 2023

Hey Everyone, newbie here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ShannonH, Nov 28, 2015.

Hi all,

Shannon here. Thought I'd sign up to the community after starting work on my first full length story. I've had a couple ideas rattling around my head for a while now and decided to take the plunge and actually put pen to paper, so to speak.

Never really tried anything this ambitious before so I think having a community like this will be of great benefit. Hopefully I get the chance to interact with some of you and can give something back to.

Quite a lot to take in so far but it's awesome to see such an active forum. Really looking forward to seeing where this goes.

2. Lightstorm24

Lightstorm24 New Member

Hi. I'm new too. It's a great feeling when you first start putting those ideas onto paper and watching them grow into something you never expected. I started mine 7 years ago and it's still growing and changing (ADD hasn't helped lol), but communities like this are a great help, especially for someone starting for the first time. My first bit of advice: plan, plan, plan. I wish someone had told me that when I started :)

Anyway (I may have rambled a bit), welcome!

3. Lifeline

Lifeline South. Supporter Contributor

Hi you two!

Welcome to this forum and you definitely are right, it is a great resource - of ideas but also of support. Just get comfortable and we will look out for your stories :)

4. ShannonH

ShannonH Senior Member Contest Winner 2023

Thanks for the welcome guys :)

Lightstorm, I'm already seeing the need for your advice regarding planning. I had a loose outline in my head for certain locations and histories that I thought I could address as I moved forward but that's already proving a challenge.

Lifeline, I'm already feeling comfortable, the forum is welcoming and I get a proper sense of community here. Looking forward to seeing how I get on as the days and months move on.

Mordred85 and Lifeline like this.