1. norafluff

norafluff New Member

Newbie Nory

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by norafluff, Nov 25, 2015.

Hello from the Ozarks! It is a somewhat mountainous region right smack dab in the middle of the United States. Eleanora is my pseudonym, shortened to Nora or Nory, because I would rather have a new name than be referred to as purplebunny39485r or something like that. However, noryfluff may be just as ridiculous. I don't know. I am pretty ridiculous, to be honest.

My reading and writing tastes focus in on the middle grade and young adult age group, primarily in the sci-fi or fantasy genres. Occasionally, I enjoy a bit of realism, but in the wise words of Adam Young, "Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't want to live there." I also enjoy listening to, singing, and writing narrative lyrics. I tend to, erroneously, lump it all together as some sort of folk music. Word games and logic puzzles such as Sudoku are also a fancy of mine.

My writing voice ranges from classic novel to Dick and Jane depending on my mood. Please pardon me if I sound a little funny sometimes, especially if I have been toying with a writing idea. It is a hopefully lovable quirk of mine. I find it rather amusing.

It has been centuries [a couple years] since I have written anything much outside of coursework, so it will be good to get into a writing community. It has also been a long time since I have been part of a discussion board community. All I can remember is I come across as an entirely different person than in face-to-face communication. So I'm going to be meeting me too.

I'm also a blogger. Well, I have an empty blog at the moment. I plan to do more personal writing there than what I contribute here, primarily to do with living with major depression and actually living life again. I am not opposed to talking about my experiences here, but I doubt the topic would be relevant in most cases.

I hope to meet future friends, carry on interesting discussions, and sharpen my raw skills here. Thank you for putting up with my long-winded introduction. You deserve a gold star for your efforts.