1. cydney

cydney Banned

Upgrading my iPhone

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by cydney, Nov 7, 2016.

I'm thinking about upgrading my iPhone just for the hell of it, just because I can. Anyone tried the newest one?

2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Do you mean the iPhone 7? I've played with it at the AT&T store, but not really put it through any paces. I'm a pretty stout iPhone user, but I tend to lag behind as regards switching. I'm never the guy who waits in line to get the first ones. I like to hear the full story once the item is out, and I've completely skipped models waiting for a more significant change. I went from a 4s to a 6, completely skipping the 5 and 5s. A big part of that is the simple fact that iPhones will usually keep you happy through 2+ major iOS changes after the iOS it comes with out of the box, so if the new model doesn't have any big hardware changes, it's not worth it for me to change since I'm not missing out on any of the iOS upgrade goodies for a good while. This is has been my big roadblock to trying an Android phone. Samsung makes some gorgeous phones (the ones that don't blow up) , but the iOS you get out of the box is usually the OS you keep until the you trade the phone in for a newer model. I know all the reasons why this is. No one needs to tell me about that dynamic, and knowing why doesn't change the fact that when the newest Android OS comes out in a couple of months, all the neato things I read about it won't be things I get to play with. That's a major bummer and deal-breaker for me.

cydney likes this.
  3. cydney

cydney Banned

Yeah. I just downloaded the latest OS software (or whatever) & it's already gettin' on my nerves. I still want the latest iPhone tho. Just for the hell of it.

4. cydney

cydney Banned

Where is @Wreybies ? :(