Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeloboy_97

skeloboy_97 New Member

Police Station

Discussion in 'Research' started by skeloboy_97, Aug 19, 2011.

Would a narcotic squad (drug squad,) have it's own seperate station to the regular department, or would they just own a section of the regular station?

Much appreciated,

2. walshy12238

walshy12238 New Member

I think they'd be a part of the regular station; I don't see why they'd have a whole seperate station just for one department.
    You may have to use the web to find out for sure, though.

3. carsun1000

carsun1000 Active Member

Most police departments are divided into sections. They usually have the homicide, robbery, gangs, white collar crimes and Narc sections. These sections could be in the same building or in different buildings. Each section has a lead who reports to the PD's chief. Smaller towns (or counties) just have it all done by the same police officers. I hope this will help!

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

A task force doing a lot of undercover work might have a headquarters removed from the main police buildings. But most divisions will be HQ'ed with the main force.

5. BFGuru

BFGuru Active Member

Not that this adds to the conversation or anything, but I read the title and immediately thought "Tardis"...I have issues.

6. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

as noted above, it depends on the location... you need to be more specific...

7. GreenRain

GreenRain New Member

There are many factors determining the answer for your question.

When is the story being told from? A hundred years ago a Narc-Squad wouldn't have existed. Then Prohibition. Then the FBI was more interested in maintaining image than enforcing any kind of law. Then John E. Hoover dies and it becomes the most professional law enforcement society on Earth.

Second, What is the police department's budget like? where are they? are they actually helping enforce the law or keep the criminals in business? Or, worst, keeping the criminals out of the competition? Each could determine whether there is a position such as a narc-squad, and someone to fill that position, if they have help, a lab, or outsourcing. Some police departments in the US have a cop or two who do everything. They might not have time to get into the office, but they sure have one to themselves — parked behind the billboard on the shady side, taking a na-, eh, traffic flow into consideration.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.