1. Sylvester

Sylvester New Member

Putting them to bed.

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Sylvester, Nov 1, 2008.

In my script, Phoenix Force is about four twelve year old super heroes who in spite of incredible powers and gadgets fall victim to child abduction when they are kidnapped by a childless woman.

The kids don't wear masks, instead generating an aura around them that prevents them from being photographed and keeps witnesses from remembering their faces in any detail. When needed, their belts provide them with armored force fields that nothing can penetrate.

Metaphorically, the heiress renders the kids helpless by putting them to bed. Their "toys" and "play" clothes are taken and the light-based catalyst for their powers is reflected by the golden beds and pajamas they are strapped down in.

I intend to build the kids up initially so that child abduction would be the last of their worries. I however, don't want the actual kidnapping to look like super heroes being captured with a big battle or using some fancy weapon or gadget. I have an idea on how it'll be done, but it has few flaws and may be a bit excessive.

Does anyone have any suggestions on taking the kids?

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

People are vulnerable around those they trust implicitly.

Also, many women have learned the hard way never to sip a drink if it has been out of their sight for even a moment. The same can happen with food, although that is less commonthese days.

Too many ways to slip by even a suspicious person's guard these days.

3. Nilfiry

Nilfiry Senior Member

Well, depending on the culture, young kids are rather naive and aren't wise enough to see deception.

4. Sylvester

Sylvester New Member

Deception and Trust.

That will be a big part of it. Believing that Jessica Burroughs has been kidnapped, they will work with her body guard and the FBI to save her. A small army of "cops" to make them feel safe enough not to use their protective force fields. Ms. Burroughs servants in disguise, they can simply wait until the right moment to strike and in sufficient numbers to surprise and restrain one, two, or even all four of the kids.

All the kids have to do is touch the buckles on their belts to teleport or activate their protective force fields. The kidnappers will either have to work fast to restrain and subdue them quickly (chloroform), or move slowly and subtly without their knowledge (an odorless, colorless gas).

One thing I don't want to is use an instant out gas or chemical you see in spy flicks. I want the kids to have a chance to fight, to react. The surprise as they are grabbed. The struggle to escape. Or even the fight to keep their eyes open unaware they are being gassed.

That being said, the next question is should the kids be taken together or split up.

The current idea has the kids foiling a "kidnapping." Two of the kidnappers are caught, but the other escape. Leon and Beverly follow the vehicle back to their hideout while Renee and Kelly remain with the FBI agents and the captured kidnappers. Within two minutes the girls have been chloroformed by the phoney agents and are taken away in an ambulance. Arriving at the kidnappers secluded estate, Leon and Beverly are lured to the "nursery" the heiress has prepared for them. They are then put to sleep with gas.

The problem with this plot is that with all their powers and abilties it would make sense for them to be able to communicate. They are likely to get suspicious if they can't contact Renee and Kelly.

An alternative would be to keep the kids together. Send all four kids to the estate to be caught in the gas trap. Or perhaps have the boy and three girls capture the kidnappers only for the phony agents to chloroform the unsuspecting quartet when they lower their force fields.

There are a lot of options and I'd like any input I can get. Thanks