1. Dallionz

Dallionz Member

CreateSpace - How long did it take to receive your proof?

Discussion in 'Print on Demand' started by Dallionz, Aug 15, 2014.

The proof for my book (paperback) was sent by CreateSpace on Monday. They did not include what type of shipping they used and of course no tracking. Which is fine, I totally get they have to keep their costs low.

But now I'm anxiously waiting for it to arrive. I'm planning on walking to the post office this morning and my hopes are so high LOL

So seriously, how long did it take to receive your proof from CreateSpace? Is it reasonable to think it could be there today or do they use something like 10-day ground with UPS?

TIA!

2. peachalulu

peachalulu Member Reviewer Contributor

I'll let you know. But you'll probably get yours before I get mine -:) I think I ordered mine Wednesday and went the cheap route. I'm hoping they'll just shove it in an envelope though, as it's a short story and should be pretty slim.

GingerCoffee likes this.
  3. Dallionz

Dallionz Member

I did get it today!! So I ordered it on Sunday, I'm assuming it was mailed Monday, and received it Friday. Not too bad. And it looks SO much better than I had hoped it would. They did a wonderful job!

They packaged it in one of those cardboard folds. If that makes sense. Not a box but almost like a cardboard envelope.

Let me know when you get yours and what you think of it! I'm very happy with the quality!

I'm thinking you could get yours Monday or Tuesday.

Okon, peachalulu and GingerCoffee like this.
  4. cutecat22

cutecat22 The Strange One Contributor

I ordered my proof (which was printed in the USA) and I received it in the UK in less than ten days. And I took the cheapest delivery option but that was back in January :)

GingerCoffee likes this.
  5. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

I envy you all. :D

Okon, peachalulu and cutecat22 like this.
  6. Dallionz

Dallionz Member

The proof was perfect! So now my book is available on CreateSpace right now but I have to wait 3-5 days for it to show up on Amazon. I was so hoping it would be immediate LOL

peachalulu and cutecat22 like this.
  7. cutecat22

Congratulations!

Did you do the running around the house screaming and taking pics of the proof when it finally arrived thing?

8. Dallionz

Dallionz Member

Just about LOL Though it was my husband who first took a picture and posted it on FB LOL

peachalulu and cutecat22 like this.
  9. cutecat22

I was in the house alone when mine came. I phoned the hubs and left a message on his answerphone. He called me back later that day and said he couldn't understand a word of what I'd said.

peachalulu likes this.
  10. Dallionz

Dallionz Member

lol that's awesome!

Having those books arrive is SO awesome!!! I really have been impressed with CreateSpace

cutecat22 likes this.
  11. cutecat22

I have to admit, I was very impressed with the quality too. My book is sat on my book shelf by the side of a range of others and you really can't tell the difference.

12. Dallionz

Dallionz Member

I know several authors who self-publish and only choose Kindle. After seeing these books, I'll definitely be publishing a paperback along with Kindle every time. It's so worth it!

cutecat22 likes this.
  13. cutecat22

Absolutely! I don't know about you, but I had two proof copies (I got the first, made formatting changes and then got a second one to make sure everything looked ok) which cost me a total of $38 US dollars. (in my UK money, that's about £23.00)

Unless I want to purchase copies for myself, I have nothing else to pay to get the book available in paperback for people who want it. Yes, the least I could sell it for because of the number of pages in it (470-ish) is £10.00 (amazon have it on special at the moment for six pound something) is a lot of money to ask someone to pay for a not well known author's debut fiction but, it's there, it's available and it's selling.

For me, that's win win.

14. Dallionz

Dallionz Member

Definitely a win win!

cutecat22 likes this.
  15. Dallionz

Dallionz Member

Okay now I'm waiting not-so-patiently for it to show up on Amazon. I approved the proof on Friday and it said 3-5 days. Of course that was Friday evening so today is probably just day 3. But still, I keep refreshing, searching, etc. LOL

peachalulu likes this.
  16. cutecat22

LOL - it's another euphoric feeling when that happens too! They might not count Sat and Sun in that 3-5 days. I can't remember ...

Dallionz likes this.
  17. Dallionz

Dallionz Member

I'll bet! LOL Ahhhh see I keep telling myself that and that today may just be day 1, but I don't think I would let myself believe it. LOL

cutecat22 likes this.
  18. Devlin Blake

Devlin Blake New Member

Once you get used to doing CreateSpace books, you can just do the digital proofing in the future. That's where they'll let you proof the PDF. It has borders around all the cuts, so you can see what will show up and what won't. This way, you don't have to buy a new book every time you make a revision.

19. Dallionz

Dallionz Member

Oh that is really good to know, thanks!