1. MaggieStone

MaggieStone New Member

Make your own character and co write a story

Discussion in 'Word games' started by MaggieStone, Aug 5, 2011.

Hey- I was hoping to improve my writing by co-writing a piece with a few others.
    What I'm hoping for is to make a character that you would like to write for a story.
    The plot is not set in stone but I was thinking, A group of trust fund young adults are members of an organization. An organization that send these kids to fight daemons and other things that fall into the evil category lol.
    The characters can be any combination of(no full breeds though as in full angle): Dragon, Vampire, Faerie, Angel, Elf and Human. Powers have to be within reason, and this is to be written in a present day setting.
    So for your characters I'd like to see a preview of;
    Name
    Personality
    Appearance
    Power
    Bio
    Any Extras that you think are important to your characters.

I'm hoping to hear other ideas as-well this is just a starting thing. :)
    Name; Kimber Bell.
    Age; 19
    Breed; Faeire, Vampire.
    Personality; Kimber is pretty relaxed most of the time but gets rather vamped up when she tells other sups (supernatural people) her name. Bell as in Tinker Bell, it's not her parents fault or anything but even if it was she couldn't just shout at them like a normal teenager would since her parents have been dead since she was five. Leaving her in the care of her nanny/ housemaid Miss Butler. Kimber's all for the cause even if it gets her killed like her parents.
    Appearance; Kimber has dark auburn hair that's long and has a slight curl to it, small pixie like pale face and features to match. Though her features are small, delicate and sharp her eyes are a round set blue with a touch of violet that contrast the whiteness in her skin. She is 5ft with and a slender lithe figure. She generally wears short fluffy dresses that make her look like a china doll.
    Power;As a faerie she knows all flowers and herbs to make small concoctions that have small healing abilities. She can entice and confuse victims this is enhanced to mind control if she has tasted their blood. She fast and can track.
    Bio. Her mum was a vampire and her dad a faerie, both were agents that were killed on a case leaving a lot of money and their only child.

I hope people will join

2. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

This may be better of in the RPG section and will probably be moved. I'm up for it though.

Name: Josh richards
    Breed:Angelic Vampire
    Personality: Not much of a talker josh prefers asassination missions to anything else. He is at his best sneaking into somewhere to slit a throat or rid it of demons. Due to his violent nature he has earned the title of "The angel of death".
    Appearance:Short spikey brown hair with red eyes. His body is muscular but slim.
    Power: Due to his mixed herritage Josh is a walking corpse, his body won't heal naturaly but he can't be killed unless his body is completely destroyed. His vampiric herritage allows him all of the normal vampire abilities. Joshs angelic blood also allows him to perform some magic.

Bio: Aside from their race not much is know about his parents, whether they're are dead or alive. He spent time in a foster home with a younger human sister who was killed by a local gang. After killing every member in revenge the agency recruited him.

3. MaggieStone

MaggieStone New Member

Hey,I've been told that it might be moved but it's not a role play I'm looking to actually write a story with people who've created the characters I like.
    I love this character I was looking someone like this but I was hoping there could be trust fund kid set up lol. Since your the first to reply can I ask what you think of the starting plot. It can be changed but I have taken to it lol :)?

4. Fullmetal Xeno

Fullmetal Xeno Protector of Literature Contributor

Are u talking about a Chain Novel? Where there's like several Writers working on one book that consists of different parts of their own?

5. MaggieStone

MaggieStone New Member

Yeah the plot is one but it has a different character each chapter telling their bit while furthering the story as a whole :) I thought it could help my writing skills

6. Fullmetal Xeno

Well then this is a perfect place to do that. I bet there's plenty of Writers who would love to help you on something like that, so if you happen too see somebody ask to write a chapter or two they are interested . If they want to write more, you will know for sure. :) Good Luck!

7. MaggieStone

MaggieStone New Member

Thanks! I will do that :) I was hoping it would have the technique and style of games of thrones.

8. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

I like the plot but it could do with being a bit more detailed :)

9. MaggieStone

MaggieStone New Member

Well thats good - I didnt want it too detailed yet, I wanted others to add to it.
    Also
    If anyone could give and idea of a name for the organisation and the reason you chose it

10. Fullmetal Xeno

Daemon Industries? Daemon means Demon in Latin...

11. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Nexus - Created in 803 AD Nexus was designed to monitor any otherworldly beings passing through earth. If they had peaceful intentions they would be assisted; if their intentions were violent they would be fought off or killed. It started using halflings as agents because they were more durable than human agents, they could also go where humans could not.

Nexuses current boss is the mysterious Lord of the halfway.

12. MaggieStone

MaggieStone New Member

Hah I like both of these
    I love the detail that comes with Nexus and I like Lord of the half way,
    :)
    Can I persuade FullMetal Xeno to write a character? lol (you don't have too or anything just want to what everyone comes up with)

13. Fullmetal Xeno

Civo- A Cyan Demon who was born in 14 AD, he has lead his army of Demons into Daemon Industries and has become the Vice President. He carries a big, long wand that he uses to hunt other races and to command his massive armies of terror. He used to be apart of the Order, a secret evil organization that has been founded years before the universe existed. He has had a long past of anti-heroism, focusing on his dark past to kill any other race that encounters him.

14. MaggieStone

MaggieStone New Member

So you want to be the baddy?

15. Fullmetal Xeno

Yep.

16. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Ooh this should be interesting.

17. AveryWhite

AveryWhite Active Member

Name: Aida Adora (Latin meaning - Beloved Helper)
    Breed: Elf/Human

Personality: She is a light elf. She is quiet and self contained but she is a strong fighter. She loves nature and animals and is calm and patient. She is always aware of her surrounds and can endure a lot, but prefers the peace and quiet of the forest. She is also companionate and understanding through the small sliver of human within her, and often feels the powerful emotions and feelings that come with being half-human.

Appearance: You can see she’s an elf. Her loveliness outshines all. She has the classic features of an elf – pointed ears, elegant pointy features, smooth pale skin and large intelligent eyes – she is a gentle beauty. Her brown wavy hair runs past her shoulders and matches her deep brown eyes. She is tall and slim.
    She wears white leather leggings and long tunics with a leather brown belt with a small magical pocket which she uses to store her weapon and other objects until summoned by her and returned to they’re original size. She also keeps her connection to her elvish origins and wears bands of gold and silver on her arms legs and head as decoration.

Power: She has all the gifts of her elven race such as strong senses of hearing and sight. As well as being an exceptional fighter with her own unique weapon, given to her by the earth which she is so in tune with.
    She has earth magic and can summon and control the earth element; which also gives her the added benefit of small healing abilities. The elves are famous for their gifts in music and Aida when playing her rowan tree flute is able to send those around her into a very deep sleep.
    Because she is half human, it is easier for her (out of all the other breeds) to communicate and sympathise with them and so become a kind of go between if ever the need arose.

Bio: She lives on her own with her pure white panther ‘Marlo’ in the forest.
    Her mother is head of the elven coucel and it was this council that informed Aida of the organisation’s need for gifted half-breeds. She never knew her father. They also left her with an exceedingly large sum of money in her bank account to do with as she pleased. Not that she intends to use any of it.

18. Vamp_fan22

Vamp_fan22 New Member

Name: Caius Caldwell
    Breed: Faerie/human
    Personality: Caius is very self centered. He's always bragging about something he did or something he has. He doesn't consider other people's feelings and often doesn't even realize when someone says something. He doesn't realize how he seems to people so he's usually surprised when people react negatively towards him.
    Appearance: Cauis has medium wavy dark hair and bright green eyes. He is tall and lean and wears lots of different expensive jewelery (earrings, necklaces, bracelets, rings). His signature piece is his father's jade ring.
    Power: Caius is a natural fighter. He's strong and fast and can take a hit and get right back up. He was made for endurance.
    Bio: Caius was not the son his parents wanted so they ignored him constantly. Caius didn't care much. His parents died when he was 16 so Caius was left alone to fend for himself.
    Extras: Caius actually stole the jade ring from his father a few days before his parent's deaths.

Caius hates when people critisize him and will lash out at anyone who does. After he's done this he wonders why people don't like him.

19. Finhorn

Finhorn New Member

I wrote you a flawed villain while I was out and about not watching the boards. He doesn’t mesh with the story so consider him discarded. I’ll get you a better character or two after I’ve had some sleep.

I’m posting it anyway as an exercise in writing. It’s intentionally a little vague (so the current writer could fill in as needed) yet provides enough backstory (I hope) to get an opinion on his motivations and character. Maybe I’ll tone him back to the light side and shave 60 years off the top. He was never really evil, so it shouldn’t be hard.

Name: Rusty Murrin

Born September 1, 1938 to Patrick and Marrie Murrin in Hondo County, Ohio, United States.

Race: Human

Personality: At Christmas time some men rise up to play Santa while others spurn the chance to portray Ebenezer Scrooge. Mr. Murrin is the later. Though he gives to charity until there is no more tax subsidy in it, gifts, like all things, must be of benefit to him.

Appearance: Somewhere in his subconscious he must recognize that he has gone astray because he dresses himself like the 1940’s villains he booed as a child. His adult self however does not appreciate the irony. Black two button suit, left open, to show his three button vest. Top hat, crushed velvet opera cape, leather straps in a bow at his neck, ivory cane, and a grey mustache. The only variation of the theme is found in his highly polished black army boots.

Bio: Born September 1st 1938, Rusty’s earliest memories are of his father, a survivor of the Great War, reading newspapers and going to the theater to watch newsreels of how the Allied Forces progressed. In mid-August 1945 his father came home from one such show and spoke the cryptic words “Son, never look away from the face of Death,” then took his shotgun out into the shed.

Five years later the North Korean’s invaded South Korea and the first journalists sent home pictures of the devastation of war. Fascinated, Rusty couldn’t look away. There was something hiding beyond the edges of the photographs, something he wanted, needed to see.

Though the armistice was signed before he became old enough to join, the United States soon found it’s self in another conflict with the same principles. In the early days, those who volunteered did it for the love of their country and to kill some commies. Private Murrin didn’t care who’s died as long as he could watch the edges of the picture.

It took four years in the forsaken jungle to catch Death at his work. And when Murrin saw him, he didn’t look away. Death appeared as a Knight Templar but without a cross or order adornments. He drew a long sword from the scabbard at his side and cleaved light forcing it to part a view to the Great Beyond.

Death motioned the souls gathered threw the portal then turned and beckoned for Murrin. Rusty stood his ground. He could feel the empty sockets in Death’s skull wordlessly judging working their way through his mind. Death turned, restored the light to as it had been then vanished.

The experience left Rusty emotionally broken. He became terrified of Death yet yearned to be like him or even control him. Murrin’s actions became more calculated, precise, and then he started seeing demons on the edge of his vision. When his combat tour ended the Army would not let him reenlist and instead sent him back to the States.

But he didn’t go home. He was being called by a voice in the dark. “Death seeks you. I can bind him. Find me.”

Abandoning family, never to return, Rusty Murrin followed the voice working his way into Egypt then out into its sands. The whole time the voice explained “In ancient Egypt after the blood, the flies, and the hail of fire, it was foretold that Death would come. It is well known that Death requires light to work for as they say ‘Death only casts a shadow because there is a light behind him.’ Yet in that shadow people hide from him and in the black clothes of mourning they protect themselves from him. In Egypt I was proclaimed as a plague of darkness, but in truth I held Death at bay.”

Finding sandstone Rusty stomped upon it and slid into the darkness below the sand. “Aaron bound me here and Moses sealed me with the power he used to call Death. But you a mortal touched by Death can free me. And I can protect you from him.”

Rusty felt a twinge in his mind and lips. “There, a free gift for you. You are now the world’s expert in the ancient Egyptian language. I was there and I have taught it to you. Reach forth your hands, feel the inscription in the stone and read it aloud.”

Murrin read “Ereshkigal,” the daemon began to scream “I release you from your prison and bind you to me.” The ancients had set a trap for this demon of darkness. Though they could not imprison it permanently, they did build a binding ritual into the lock release so that whomever freed it, would also be its master.

As the years passed Rusty learned that all you needed to control an extra dimensional being for a short while was its true name and a ritual that varied only slightly. With the help of Shadow (he never spoke the demons true name again lest someone else learn it) he discovered the names of several lesser imps.

Summoning each in turn he promised the creature freedom in the mortal realm in exchange for the summoning ritual of someone more powerful. Rusty would then call to the being and sometimes they answered quickly and sometimes it took years, and some rituals seem never to yield results.

When demons did appear Murrin would bargain with them. He would trade knowledge, deeds, and tasty imp snacks for the true name of a demon below them but above an imp. In this way he’s worked up the hierarchy. With each level he breaches Rusty feels himself closer to someone who knows the true name of Death.

Each level farther up also means more powerful terrors are unleashed into the world and that Rusty has furthered whatever plots and schemes these devils have when they trade a name for a favor.

This has also made him a very rich man. Early on he “hired” a few of the tormentors to build him a business empire. Though Murrin know longer knows, or cares, what his enterprises are up to, he’s been assured that he has a nearly unlimited amount of cash available to him.

There are still three things that bother him. First, he has not been able to find a ritual that binds as permanently as Shadow has been bound to him. Shadow promises that he will reveal it when they move upon Death, but Rusty doubts his intentions are pure.

Second, rusty doesn’t know where Shadow fits into the demon world. In the early days an appearance would have a sprite naming everyone it ever heard of. More recently the demons have been treating Shadow as an equal and his personal devil seems insulted that he’d be placed so low.

Finally, Murrin is feeling the effects of his age. He knows that Death will come for him before to many more years and fears that he is far from ready. He’s considered taking on a younger assistant several times only to find his most promising candidates unwilling to move from a recently acquired high-paying job or filling ditches.

Powers:
    1) Murrin has nearly unlimited wealth and the power that goes with it. Though he does keep a small security force at his home, he is often seen out in strange places by himself.

2) Murrin can summon Shadow whenever he wants. Shadow can instantly remove all light from an area, navigate people through the darkness, and prevent new light sources (like the flash of a muzzle) from being seen. Murrin isn’t quite sure what happens to demons enveloped in the darkness but there is generally screaming. With that, Shadow can create pockets of dense air so cold that frostbite begins in seconds. As noted before, the demon seems to be holding back on his untrained master.

3) Given time Murrin can consult the extensive tomes of demonology and true names that he has written. This gives him access to demons of many different strengths and abilities. With preparation most can be called to his aid him for a brief moment though the most powerful must just be released into the world. Murrin places a lot of faith in the idea that Shadow to protect him from backlash.

20. MaggieStone

MaggieStone New Member

Hey Vamp Fan 22 I wondering that rather than being self -centred it could be like snobbish because I don't think if he's self centred he would be risking his life to save people. But otherwise I think it could be fun to put him in, it would certainly mix it up
    :)

21. AveryWhite

AveryWhite Active Member

i cant wait to start and interect with characterss :)
    iv now writen my character introduction paragraph so when everythingss sorteddd and decided with everyone ill post itt :)

have you finished yours yet maggie?

22. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Lets get started :D

So let me get this right.

I do first chapter intro whatever
    Then Avery
    Then Maggie
    Then Filhorn
    Then Evil Fullmetal :p

23. AveryWhite

AveryWhite Active Member

i was thinking is ‘Nexus’ going to be able to be seen by humans? or is it going to be hidden through a made up company in its place? (in terms of its outside appearance/the building) or of course anything else anyone can think of.
    if so i was thinking could use fullmetal xeno’s idea 'Daemon Industries' if it ties in to what xeno was thinking, what does everyone think? It was just an idea I thought about when I was writing my character first chapter and if anyone can think of anything better then great :)
    Oh and its going to be in the city right? Like a huge compound for the use of the organization and where the half-breeds live?

Mr Mr - i think Maggie wants some more people to join so that we have a bigger variety of characters but of course if no one does soon then yes i guess so :)

24. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

I assumed humans wouldn't be able to see nexus or no about it.

25. Mckk

Mckk Member Supporter Contributor

Can someone please explain how this works? So we all create a character, and then what? And do we write chapters into the thread or do we email each other in word docs... like, I don't get it.

Either way this idea intrigues me (as far as I get it, some sort of chain story we all write together with our individual characters) - so here's mine - it would help me with training up character development!

Name: Olusia
    Breed: Angel-Nymph
    Personality: Quiet, picky with details, too kind but has a very mean, evil streak if you hurt her or betray her. Not afraid to take revenge, but sometimes do feel guilty afterwards. Usually able to tolerate or carry out evil deeds if they seem justified. Torn over the kinder, gentler side of her Angelic nature and her sneaky, selfish and cunning Nymph-like nature.
    Appearance: Hauntingly beautiful to the point of being irritating. She's had so many comments about it that she deliberately masks her beauty with paints and make-up but hasn't had the courage to physically scar herself (yet). Pale and small features with deep blue eyes and a very pink mouth and navy blue hair that's sometimes mistaken for being black. She has webs between her fingers.
    Power: Flight, breathe under water, ability to hypnotise people and control their minds - the more she knows about someone, the more control she can have over them. Some healing abilities.
    Bio: Mother was a nymph and father was an angel. Unfortunately her father's dead since her mother lured him into having sex with her and then dragged him under water and murdered him. Mother's still alive but Olusia left her a long time ago and hasn't seen her since the age of 14.
    Extras: She needs to bathe in water every so often or her skin goes dry and she gets very cranky. Prolonged periods without water would eventually lead to death. She prefers the air to water though and is torn between loving and hating water.