1. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Discussing Spellbound Story Hour

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by JessWrite, Jun 23, 2012.

Gather around everyone...it's time for a new story! :)

This is the place to put all of your OOC posts and approved character templates.

I'm pretty excited, and think this will be a fun challenge. I know you all are amazing storytellers. Once you have pm'd me with your character and I have approved it, go ahead and put it here. Enjoy!

2. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Sent you mine! :) I'm ready to get writing!! :)

3. JessWrite

Hi LtW, thanks for joining! Though, I don't see your PM...do you mind sending it again?

4. JessWrite

Roxy Xalider

Name: Roxanne “Roxy” Xalider

Appearance: Roxy is exactly 5 feet tall with a petite, bony body, but her pretty facial features make up for that. Has shoulder-length curly black hair and icy blue eyes that seem to look right through you. Has a fair complexion, with a sprinkle of freckles across her nose and full lips that give her a pouty look when she’s frustrated or sad. Her current outfit consists of her school uniform: a starched white puffy sleeve shirt, dark blue sweater vest with her school crest, gray skirt with a blue plaid pattern. Black t-strap shoes complete her look; and her black socks pulled up to her knees make her appear even shorter.

Brief Character History: To her family, Roxy has always been quite odd. When not at school, she chose to run away with her best friends--books. Every story she read she wished could be her own. The thought of living in a different world, with a different life seemed nice to her. No magic, no annoying family, no dark secrets; just a place where she could be herself, and be free to do the amazing things of fiction. Things like relaxing on the beach with mermaids, flying spaceships, solving mysteries, riding with cowboys, talking to animals, coursing the ocean with pirates, meeting aliens from outer space, and hanging with superheroes to save the world! On her 13th Birthday, Roxy was deemed a “full witch” by her parents and was forced away from her books to begin learning spells instead. Now, a few months later, Roxy had never guessed she would have to use that boring stuff called knowledge.

Personality: Roxy is a small girl, with a big imagination. She’s shy, quiet, fragile, and sensitive, but secretly has a heart for action and adventure. Can be extremely moody and dramatic at times, changing her emotions in an instant. She could be bouncing with excitement and the next minute crying her eyes out. She’s still naive and learning, yet can be a quick thinker when she needs to be.

Powers: As Roxy grew up she tried to ignore magic altogether, with it being the one thing that separated her from having a normal life. But, with living in a home full of witches and being one too, made that hard to achieve. When she turned 13, she disliked all of the old-fashioned spells her relatives were forcing her learn, so she began to create her own, in her own words. Her passion for reading helped her in this ability. Though, Roxy is limited at what she can do and not at her full potential. She sometimes gives off magic in haste or thinks irrationality.

Equipment and/or Weapons: No weapons besides small things she can create with magic, but she is carrying her pink school backpack with a few schoolbooks, homework, leftover lunch money, and other basic necessities.

5. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

I've just sent my PM.

6. Love to Write

Ok, re-sent. Apparantly...my sent items mailbox was full. :p Let me know if for some reason you don't get it. I'm SOO excited to write a character I know so well. :)

7. Love to Write

Template for Character

Name: Tina Sharp

Appearance: Tina stands at 5ft 6inch. She has shoulder length black hair with a korean heritage causing her eyes to be slanted and her skin perpetually tan. She is wearing a blue t-shirt and jeans.

Brief Character History: Tina lived in a foster home till the age of 18 and has thus learned how to fend for herself. She has 4 close friends with whom she has many adventures. Traveling through portals is no new thing for her. Most of her adventures happen in other worlds or dimensions.

Story Genre: Tina comes from a world much like modern day earth with the possbility of a portal, leading to a entirely different world/dimension, waiting around the corner.

Personality: Tina is more tom-boy then girly-girl. She shuns makeup and heels, and beats up bullies with a bare fist. Though she may act tough and seemingly un-sympathetic to anyone, she actually has a very protective, caring side. She tends to hide it though as she feels it would show weakness on her part.

Powers (if any): Due to an exposure of her first villian's bio-weapon, Tina has developed the ability to generate electricity and shoot it out of her hands. Her friends tease that she is a jedi with lightning powers.
    If she get electricuted (i.e. by a taser or exposed power line) her powers will be greatly enhanced for a short period of time. People tend to get shocked if they touch her skin.

Equipment and/or Weapons (if any): Tina carries with her a swiss army knife. She knows how to weild the blade but prefers to take down an enemy through her martial arts skills. She has killed before but only the defense of others and herself.

Miscellaneous info: Any person to harm her friends or make her mad in some way is in for a world of hurt. She is reasonable to a point but push her buttons to many times and you might find yourself with a broken rib or two.

8. JessWrite

And the story begins. Of course, I'll reveal more details of what happened to Roxy's family as the time comes. For now, you will have to guess a long with your characters. :D

9. SpitFyre

SpitFyre Member

Name: Master Elodin (name of the wind/a wise mans fear)

Story Genre: Fantasy Fiction

Appearance: Clean shaven with deep eyes medium height and build Theres nothing particularly striking about him apart from the way he stares at things intently for a moment and the next eyes flitting around like he is bored like a child forced to sit with adults.

Brief Character History: Elodin comes from the story of Kvothe, He is the Master Namer at the university of Imre, One of the youngest to every graduate the university he became the chancellor and leader of the university. After learning the truth of naming he delved deeply into the art he quickly became the best at his art though the strain on his mind quite simply sent him bonkers. He was locked up in the rookery of the university a mental home. His room had no doors or windows worth speaking of and even the name of the wind was hidden from him. Elodin escaped using the name of stone to break the wall of his cell and escape. After the other masters realized they couldn't contain him they put him to use as the teacher of naming and master of his art.

Personality: To most people Elodin seems crazy he acts like a child concealing his true personality though when he is needed his mask comes off and he reveals his true face and power. Elodin is a genius though a difficult one to deal with at the best of times and a horror to deal with at the worst.

Powers: Elodin Can speak the true name of things allowing him control over them. It is completely unknown how many names he knows.

Equipment and/or Weapons: Nothing but his masters robe.

10. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Name: Tarl Elmswood

Appearance: Stands at 7ft dressed in full white paladin armour (full body plate armour with a large helm). His face is rough but good looking with short dark brown hair.

Brief Character History: Tarl was born into a small village in western isles. He was picked by a traveling mage to study at the school where he gradutated at age 16. From here he spent time travelling before decing to join the Paladins order.

Story Genre: Fantasy

Personality: Tarl is calm under pressure, protective of those he cares for.

Powers (if any): Tarl has training as a mage allowing him to use words by shouting them in the old tongue e.g. shouting burn to burn someone. Tarl possesess the words "Stop", "Burn" and "Mend".

Equipment and/or Weapons (if any): Tarl has his own set of Paladin armour enscribed with the runes for "endure" and "light" and a large warhammer enscribed with "break"

Miscellaneous info: Like all paladins Tarl is enemy to all things dark and evil.

----------------------------------

Just noticed our characters use magic in the same way Spitfyre, strange coincidence. Should make this fun.

11. JessWrite

Oops, I probably should've made it clearer that Roxy broke into the library. It's closed for the day, so there aren't any librarians or people inside. She did keep the doors wide open though. Sorry about that!

12. JessWrite

You all are AMAZING! Love it so far! I'll have Roxy's reply and thoughts up tomorrow. My brain is useless at the moment from spending a whole day with little kids. ;)

13. Amelyn

Amelyn Member

Hey guys, sounds great. So if I want to join I send my character profile to Jess and if she likes it I am in yer??!! Umm just one more quick question before I start character developement. I can use anyone from anywhere fantasy or one of my own characters?!

14. SpitFyre

SpitFyre Member

yea just send the template to jess and you can use anyone you want from any book or your own creation.

15. Amelyn

Amelyn Member

Sent one... hope it will be ok. I am gonna trail a character that I have been devoloping for a little bit. Fingers crossed!!

16. Amelyn

Amelyn Member

Jaye Audolf

Name: Jaye Audolf (Audolf meaning wolf’s friend)
    Appearance: Average height, long brown hair worn in a braid, one blue eye one green eye and well toned. She wears khaki pants, basic lase up shoes, and a black crop top and a green jacket, which she never buttons up.
    Brief Character History: Jaye was raised by her Ranger father who taught her in the Ranger ways. She was planning to join them when she reached the age of acceptance, 25. Her family is known for their kinship with wolves thus their last name. Her father had one and it gave birth to a pup which became hers.
    Story Genre: Comes from a fantasy world in the medieval time era where some people have strong bonds with animals. (I envision it to be simular, in style only, to the world of middle earth.)
    Personality: Adventures, sharp minded and has a sense of humor.
    Powers (if any): She has heightened sense of sight, smell and sound, similar to that of a wolf, and because of these has become a very affective archer.
    Equipment and/or Weapons (if any): Bow and arrows and a small hidden blade on her belt.
    Miscellaneous info: She has a male wolf called Llop. He is almost all black and has the same eyes as Jaye. He is still young which does leave him slightly unpredictable.

17. JessWrite

Went ahead and posted, couldn't wait till morning! :D

Also, welcome Amelyn! So excited that you joined.

18. Love to Write

Haha! I laughed so hard at Roxy's excitment. Enjoy Tina's "unbrideled enthusiasm."

19. SpitFyre

SpitFyre Member

Elodin is going to be a little annoying to deal with :p. Lots of fun XD

20. JessWrite

Hehe. I'm about as excited as Roxy! I love how this concept has made me think about readers and their fav books so differently. I may never think of it the same way again. :D

21. Amelyn

Amelyn Member

Thinking I might put in a quick post from Llop's point of view, just for the arrival, while Jaye is passed out!
    I wont do it often though, its just to get a feel for things!

22. nomadpenguin

nomadpenguin Member

Name: Disciple Manning

Appearance: 6 feet tall, fit, with avian features

Brief Character History: Disciple spent a few years with the army special forces before becoming a private investigator.

Story Genre: Mystery/Thriller

Personality: Disciple likes to drink, gamble, and constantly womanizes. He is cynical in the most extreme sense of the word.

Powers (if any): Disciple can recall anything that is said, word for word. He also has above average memory of everything else, but remembering dialogue is his forte.

Equipment and/or Weapons (if any): He carries an unregistered government issue Colt.

23. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Got my post up. Spitfyre can you not use bold text as it usualy indicates another character is speaking. It makes your parts a bit confusing. Oh and try not to control my character :)

24. Love to Write

HAHA!!! If Disciple dares to try and woo Tina...he is going to be sorely sorry.

25. nomadpenguin

nomadpenguin Member

Well then, try he must.