1. scrittura-amoredea

scrittura-amoredea New Member

Hello, it's Cinderissaaa!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by scrittura-amoredea, Apr 27, 2008.

Hello everyone. My name is Marissa... and I'm 14 years old lounging in a small city in Southern Wisconsin.

I enjoy writing and have been writing ever since the words "yes" and "no" came into my vocabulary.

I am currently writing a six-noveled series for publish that I hope to send out my Junior year of high school. [currently a freshman]

I've been looking for forums to post my stuff on ever since my first site, SBFC, closed, however, the sites that I find have readers based on popularity; which puts me under the 'loser' category.

As for me in myself, I'm youngish... I guess, and I'm petite. But I'm not stuck up in anyway shape or form. I'm not even girly.
    I'm quite emotional, and have been for a while, not sure why.

I mainly write about Romance or Mystery because romance is the main effect that's been in my life recently. I've liked this guy for 3 years [4 years in june] and he really is my everything. He's not my boyfriend for really long complicated reasons... I'm sure willing to explain to anyone who wants, haha.

Anyway, I love meeting new people; but I also don't because I'm shy.
    The largest amount of people I've been around in my life was probably the theater group I entered this year in my first year of high school. Theater is amazing like that.

So... I'm new, obviously, and kind of doozy to the rules, anyone care to explain the definites?

Please & Thank you!

-Rissa​

2. Quills By Pen

Quills By Pen Active Member

Weclome to the Writing Forum, Marissa,
    You will find your way around the forum quickly.
    Im sure you will make several friends.
    Your fun personality shows through in your introduction.
    Quills

3. scrittura-amoredea

Thank you!
    I hope so...
    Oooh, Gracias! Haha.

-rissa

4. FoxyMomma

FoxyMomma New Member

HI Rissa,

I think you will fit in quite well here. I hope you find us just as great as your old forum. Look forward to getting to know you!

5. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello Marissa, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners. Remember to check out our FAQ as well!

As for the Review Room, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Review Room forums on this site, therefore, are true workshops, not just a bulletin board for displaying your work (and on that note, please only post each item for review in one Review Room forum). See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

6. scrittura-amoredea

Woo! :] I feel happy now, haha.
    You too!
    :-D

7. scrittura-amoredea

That's completely understandable; and it makes sense.
    I usually help my friends who are in honors classes edit their work sometimes... :]

8. Oasis Writer

Oasis Writer Contributor Contributor

Welcome, Marissa

9. Hulk

Hulk Banned

Hey Marissa. Welcome to WF.org.

10. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Welcome to the forums :)