Tags:
  1. DarkPen14

DarkPen14 Florida Man in Training Contributor

Albino Saiyan

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by DarkPen14, Jul 1, 2019.

Too much free time for me, geez. I've done some research, so I know that the misunderstanding around this in story is technically possible, but I want to see how this rubs the general populace.

The idea is thus; in a DBZ crack fic (I'd call it a fan fic but I don't consider myself a fan, I just like some of the ideas in the series) something goes down and Shenron is asked to yank over some fighter capable of dealing with the problem. Shenron yanks over a Saiyan woman named Onia
    dragonball_xenoverse___celecie_the_saiyan_by_centurynitro-d8l6k6m.jpeg
    Yes, I took a screenshot from a Xenoverse game.

Thing about Onia, she is an albino, which is basically just an anime excuse for white hair and red eyes. I did some digging, poked around on the wiki, and I've reached the conclusion that the Ultra Instinct form's power cannot be sensed by mortals or mortal tools. She is not capable of this form, but her low reading combined with her white hair colour gives the impression that she is perpetually in said state if you don't recognize the lack of an Aura.
    So, she is not at all UI level strong, but she has the fear factor because it looks like she does. This character goes alongside a couple others as a team of three, but I wanted to see how this one would be perceived because I get blasted every time I question something in the series that doesn't make sense (like Cell not going Super Saiyan when he technically could, as every other part Saiyan can.)

Thoughts

2. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

Yay, I'm not the only one who made blind/legally blind Saiyans!!!

Uh *ahem*. Knowing Goku, he'd see this and instantly recognize that this wasn't the UI form. He'd ask her for a sparring practice to test her abilities against him but the eyes are a dead giveaway. When Goku is in his UI form, his eyes are a silver-white. Her red eyes would be a huge clue that no, she doesn't have UI. Vegeta and other characters would deduce that she was obviously some kind of weak Saiyan in desperate need of training.

Now, just a few things about albinism:

-- It's a genetic condition. :p

-- People who have it are legally blind, in that they have 20/200 vision.

This could work with Onia as she might have insecurities about her battle prowess ala Kale from Super. Maybe her poor vision and low power caused her to be booted off to an unremarkable world (i.e., like Earth) to basically die. Then she learns of her Saiyan heritage and aspires to be the most powerful Saiyan she can be, but maybe she holds herself back like Gohan did in Dragonball Z.

3. DarkPen14

DarkPen14 Florida Man in Training Contributor

https://kidshealth.org/en/teens/albinism.html
    Are you absolutely sure albinism makes one a legally blind individual? I was looking into this for another story (had an albino girl who could foretell disaster), and all I got was that vision problems were highly likely, but blindness was not guaranteed. Although photosensitivity does seem to go hand in hand with the lack of melanin in the eyes.

And you are right, the Z-fighters would know right off the bat that she does not have the ability. And I also feel like Vegeta would jump down her throat about wrapping her tail (Although what would a female Great Ape even look like?)

Thing with her is the scare factor for people who don't know what UI actually looks like, although Goku and Vegeta would definitely call call bullshit. Shenron was asked for someone who could deal with the problem, in this case someone scary as hell to the inexperienced.

I'm thinking that this character might also come with Saiyan culture difficulties. One of the more memorable jokes about that was something about grabbing a Saiyan woman's tail was the equivalent of a marriage proposal (might actually be how that works, idk, they're planet's destroyed. Although if you think about it a couple Kais could get together and put it back.

4. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

I could be wrong, though. :bigeek: Yes, she might not have vision problems but she would probably be extra sensitive to the sunlight.

I don't think the Z-fighters would be scared of her. Curious and confused, yeah, but not afraid. Since she has little power, they might actually find her a rather interesting person. I could easily see Goten and Trunks wanting to show off their strengths to her.

Regular humans would be terrified simply because it isn't every day you come across a human with spiky hair and a tail coming from their behind.

As far as female Great Apes? That's...interesting. I never thought of that. Maybe they lose the respective genitals when they transform?

DarkPen14 likes this.