1. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Ghost Child Adoption Agency

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Leaka, Nov 28, 2009.

Sometimes children, when they die, cannot move on. And so their emotions create a manifestation of themselves. These manifestations are called ghost. Here at the Ghost Child Adoption Agency, you can help fulfill the wish of a ghost child. Help them move on and heal their hearts. The children go through counseling the moment they find themselves at these orphanage. This counseling helps those who have been abuse, ease through pain or even those who had just found out their dead ease them into calm. Come on down and adopt a child today.
    --------------------------------------

A very rough idea. I think the plot will be about a woman Amelia Stockholm, has been a helper of the Ghost Child Adoption Agency for years. She's freed at least 30 children in the last 5 years she's been helping. She's a single woman, no husband or children of her own.

The agency will call her for a very different kind of case. They want her to give a permanent home to one of their residents, a half wrehm child. Since he isn't a ghost he'll never be freed. Amelia has a big decision to make.

Now, concurrently when she does make the decision. Murders begin to happen, right when the boy gets situated. How do I make the boy non suspicious?
    If he's to charming, he'll be suspicious.
    If he's to rebellious, he'll be suspicious.
    If he's to intelligent, he'll be suspicious.
    What are the right ingredients I need in his personality to make him not the suspect?

In this case I want to rewrite everything we think about demon children, ghost children, etc. I don't want him to be suspected of a murder by the reader. I want the reader to feel he's innocent and go through his journey of being accused time and time again.

2. InkDream

InkDream Active Member

Hypothetically ghosts are not physical manifestations so it follows that they would not be able to murder. Maybe he's a rule breaker. More than the average ghost.

btw, great plot idea, I hope you get some good stuff out of it :)

3. SilverRam

SilverRam New Member

I also think the plot is pretty good. Ghosts may be able to perform physical actions. Watch some ghost stories and sometime one will come up that someone was 'scratched' by a ghost or demon like entity. Kind of interesting that the explanations ghost 'hunters' come up with is that they pull the energy out of the air. It will supposedly become cold where a ghost is drawing energy and making orbs/creating sounds.

Anyway, onto the question.
    Just off the top of my head, and this is only half thought out, I would make him not so different from the other children. Have him blend with the other ghost children, give him friends that will sympathize with him when he is accused.

That is a really tough question, good luck.

4. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Thank for the help Ram and Ink, I appreciate it.

5. KelKutThroat

KelKutThroat New Member

I agree with SilverRam. To me, a suspect is someone that catches your eye, makes you perceive them if he seems to merge in and just be a typical kid, I doubt - as a reader, that I would notice. He's a youngster, let him do kid things, let him seem childish (depending on his age) If you constantly make him mutinous, or way too intelligent for his age then it would be noticed by the readers and they'd subconsciously make him their suspect.

I hope you finally figure it out, great plot idea if you do ever place an extract onto the forum, Ill be reading it.

K, x

6. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

I understand what you mean. Thank you Kel as well.

7. writewizard

writewizard New Member

When I read a book that is a mystery I let the book take me where it wants to go. I sit back and enjoy the ride. I usually don't try and solve the mystery. However, when I do, I then suspect every character at some point and another. If you want to make him nonsuspicious, I would make him as much like a "human" boy as possible... But that's just me. I don't really know how to describe it. Maybe he's honest, ethical, always does the right thing, etc? Sound good? I guess I'm just trying to say, I don't always suspect everyone, so hopefully the majority of your writer's won't either. Otherwise they'll suspect him no matter what...

Hope this helped,
    Writewizard

By the way, I loved the idea for the book. Can I read it when you finish with it? :)
    Writewizard