1. Patrick94

Patrick94 Active Member

Impending sense of Doom

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Patrick94, Nov 14, 2011.

This seems to be the kind of book/series I like the most, if you've read Darren Shan's The Demonata series you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. He seems to drag out the impending sense of doom without making it look like he's dragging out the impending sense of doom. Anyone have any tips on how to generally go about doing so, or have anything to say from writing experience? It'd be a great help

2. TH3T4

TH3T4 New Member

I know what it is that you mean, there is that constant feel of bad stuff is going to go down but without it ever occurring. To do this I’m guessing one of the things you could do is, for instance let’s say that it is a monster that will gobble up the world and the characters want to stop it. they know it will happen soon, then they find out that before it can do that something almost as bad has to happen first, i think you can get away with doing that about 3 or so times. i hope this makes sense. :R: