1. Stauche Stimpson

Stauche Stimpson Member

text to speech program that can emulate the voice of a awkward 14-15 year old

Discussion in 'Writing Software and Hardware' started by Stauche Stimpson, Dec 21, 2021.

i've looked through so many programs and i can't seem to find one that suits my needs of reviewing my first person perspective novel.

all the voices i find sound so generic and souless

2. Friedrich Kugelschreiber

Friedrich Kugelschreiber marshmallow Contributor

they are all this way

Lili.A.Pemberton likes this.
  3. SapereAude

SapereAude Contributor Contributor

Perhaps hire an awkward 14- or 15-year old to read it aloud to you?

That might provide the ancillary benefit of having a built-in editor/beta reader who would be able to say, "But nobody my age would ever say that!"

evild4ve likes this.
  4. newjerseyrunner

newjerseyrunner Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2022

I worked for a company who had a suite of TTS services. The voices are very complex things and can only really add so much inflection to anything. You can only really change things like speed and pitch in the text to speech engines. Everything else, I did in post-processing.

If you want a real-time text to speech to sound like a little kid, you’re not going to find it, but you could very easily have it output an audio file and do your own processing on it using things like: Sox, ffmpeg, audacity, GarageBand…