Tags:
  1. Redst

Redst New Member

Just a youngling from the West... with a knack for grimdark storytelling

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Redst, Dec 9, 2017.

Yup, new kid passing through. I'm a fine, sophisticated edgelord from the wonderful world of Upstate New York, a land where you can somehow die of both hypothermia and heatstroke at the same time.

So I have a thing for epic, fictional stories spread across all forms of media. Tales of Berseria (awesome video game with a fantastic revenge story), Game of Thrones (amazing tv-show where the protagonists tend to not win), and Sherlock (mystery tv series that I just recently got into) are some of the many inspirations that I hold dear to me, especially Game of Thrones, which taught me that having your protagonists suffer and making your antagonists [un]lovable pricks is one of the most fun things you can do in a story. :p

So right now I have a story in my mind that I've been developing ever since late 2012, and I just recently began putting it in written form. (Also in Game form, in which the book is meant to serve as an advertisement of the sort that tells roughly 1/5 of the full tale, but there's no harm in completing the entire story in book form after I complete my initial goal.)

My story-in-progress is a rather serious fantasy title that takes place in a completely made-up world subtly named "Dystopia". This world has a lot of fantasy elements, such as magic, monsters, and elves, but also has late 1800's/Steampunk technology like guns and steam-powered trains. The most notable fact of this world, however, is the Curse of Fiendom that plagues the land, which dictates that all men, women, children, and animals who die in this world are promptly reborn as vicious man-eating monsters devoid of morals: The Fiends. As you can tell, mankind is likely screwed.

So, yeah. Before I delve deeper into the novel itself, I have quite a bit of questions that need answering, which is why I came here. I hope to become one with the community!

2. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Welcome to the forum!

Yay, grimdark, my favorite. :D The concept for your story sounds interesting! We'll try to help you with your project any way we can. :)

Here's our New Member Quick Startto get you started. See you around!

-Kat