1. PHRiQUE

PHRiQUE New Member

Fondest Greetings to You All!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by PHRiQUE, Mar 7, 2008.

I have written you an opera! *Tosses score, bosses everyone around, reiterates that he owns the place AND Christine, disappears in a flourish of smoke and Red Death's cape*

Uh, wait. I mean...

Hi. I'm Sara, AKA PHRiQUE. Amongst my many varying, random interests is, of course, writing. As a forewarning, I'll come and go. I might engross myself here for months at a time, then disappear for just as long. Or come for a week then disappear for a month. I'm PHRiQUE-y like that. Heh.

I write a lot of different things--from sci-fi to historical to House, M.D. fanfiction to Beetlejuice fanfiction to Sherlock Holmes fanfiction to Sonic the Hedgehog fanfiction to fantasy to just plain drama and a bunch more--but the underlying theme seems to be relationships and the way people mold--or not--and define their relations and so on. House and Wilson, Holmes and Watson, Beetlejuice and Lydia--all those great pairs--and my own couples, trios, or quartets. I also like angst/drama, bittersweetness, mystery... Ultimately, there's a place in my heart for just about anything.

I'm unpublished, amateur, etc. Hope to one day publish. Hope to one day finish something. I've been told I'm good by friends, family, acquaintances and strangers alike, but I'm of a pessimistic disposition so take it all with a grain of salt (in other words, refuse to believe almost all of it). Not much else to say about that...

I'll probably mention things like TGE (The Goud Experiment), Whisper, Doll House, Jack Master series, and a couple others. Just a few of my over-active imagination's brain-children. I'm sure you guys understand. Which is why I've come here. So, hello and good to meet you! (Segue full-circle FTW.)

Uh, er, so...well, these things are always awkward. :rolleyes: Talk to you soon. :)

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello Sara, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

And don't overlook Sam and Max (Freelance Police)!

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners. Remember to check out our FAQ as well!

As for the Review Room, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Review Room forums on this site, therefore, are true workshops, not just a bulletin board for displaying your work (and on that note, please only post each item for review in one Review Room forum). See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

3. (Mark)

(Mark) New Member

If you find yourself never finishing anything, you ought to write short stories until you find yourself finishing those. It really helps more than almost anything else.

4. PHRiQUE

PHRiQUE New Member

Awkwardness: Overcome.

Thanks for all the info, Cogito. I'll check it out. :)

And thanks for the suggestion, Connolly. That's why I hope I'll finally find success with my Sherlock Holmes-esque Jack Master series of short stories.

Thanks again! :)

5. Shinn

Shinn Banned

Hi Sara and welcome to WF :)

6. PHRiQUE

PHRiQUE New Member

Thank you very much!

7. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Hiya, welcome to the site :)

8. PHRiQUE

PHRiQUE New Member

Thank ya, thank ya, darling. :)

9. Cheeno

Cheeno Member

Welcome, PHRiQUE :) Looking forward to reading your material.

10. flashgordon

flashgordon New Member

Welcome to the forum Sara, glad to have you with us on the board.

11. PHRiQUE

PHRiQUE New Member

Thank you, dears. :D