1. funandgames

funandgames New Member

Hello there!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by funandgames, Jul 24, 2016.

Hey guys and gals,

Just a quick note to say hello. So a little bit about me, I'm 35 and from the UK and I've never done any "proper" writing before (which may or may not come across in this introduction!) I've always considered myself to be a creative person but have never really found a way to express this. I had often thought about writing, but having no formal training in this I considered it something that I would never be able to succeed at.

Having stumbled upon these forums and seeing all of the help and support you guys give I figured I should stop making excuses and give it a go.

I'm looking forward to getting started and I apologize in advance for the barrage of stupid questions coming your way.

A man called Valance likes this.
  2. I.A. By the Barn

I.A. By the Barn A very lost time traveller Contributor

Hya!
    You don't need training to write, just need an idea that you really love and can't dump (as well as some very nice people to go, okay, that is is a bit stupid). I hope all your question do get answers (and they're probably not even stupid) and you have a good time here.
    See you around :bigwink:

A man called Valance likes this.
  3. Sal Boxford

Sal Boxford Senior Member

Not sure how you're defining "proper" writing? What you've written above looks like proper writing to me: there are words, they make sense, they convey meaning...

Welcome. Have fun.