1. FantasyWitch

FantasyWitch New Member

Hello people!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by FantasyWitch, May 21, 2008.

Hello and I'm really glad to be here.

You can call me FantasyWitch (FW for short) or Kim. It's really up to you I don't mind either way.
    I've been looking for a good forum to get reviews of my writing for a while but most of the sites I have been on are very agressive, full or trolling and frankly quite harsh. This place seems lovely and well moderated which is always a plus!

I'm 16 years old and doing advanced higher english at school just now. When I leave school I want to do a literature degree and a drama degree so i can go on to do teaching while writing. Hopefully being able to retire into just writing.
    My daddy is a librarian and i was reading from an easrly age.

I think the ability to read is the best gift ever given to use humans. It's something that is an entierly unique gift to us and something we should treasure. I finished my first book when i was 6 (The Hobbit) with help from daddy translating every second word for my curious mind and looking over my shoulder to make sure i understood what was happening as it went. And when i was finished i read it again in half the time.
    I guess that is where my love of fantasy comes from. As after that daddy started reading me "The Chronicals of Narnia" and i read them myself when he was done and then of coarse the classic Roald Dahl books. (no childhood is the same without them!)

Personallity wise I'm very articulate. Well at least I think so. I can't really spell for biscuits! *smiles* My boyfriend thinks I'm semi-dislexic. I wouldn't be surpirsed so please forgive my crap typing and spelling! :p
    I'm a bubbly person and like to have a laugh and start threads on non-senseical(sp?) non-sence. ((see what I mean about my spelling!))
    I can be a bit of a hot-head admittadly, I like a good debate and I don't back down if i feel someone is trying to change my opinion with a silly fact or an arrogant bash of critisism.

You'll see most of my stories are quite long, and I'm notorious for not always finishing them. I have three novels on the go just now and i love all three but I tend to jump between them so you'll probably get little bits of each all the time.
    I hope you'll tell me I'm a good writer and help me improve!

Love Kim. Hope I havn't bored you with my nutty randomness!!

XXXX

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello Kim, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners. Remember to check out our FAQ as well, and be sure to read through the forum rules, too, to avoid any misunderstandings or hurt feelings. Respect for one another is our principal mandate.

As for the Review Room, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Review Room forums on this site, therefore, are true workshops, not just a bulletin board for displaying your work (and on that note, please only post each item for review in one Review Room forum). See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

3. FantasyWitch

FantasyWitch New Member

Oh thanks for that! lol

I'm notorious for getting into trouble my first day! I love reviewing other peoples work becuase it gives you the chance to absorb diffrent styles and advance your own!]
    Great start i share the forums opinion :D

I'll check the links! It'll stop we just wondering about not doing much of anything. Thank you. :D
    XXX

4. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

Hi and welcome.

5. ChimmyBear

ChimmyBear Writing for the love of it. Contributor

Hello Fantasy!!

Welcome to the forums!! :)

6. Xyphyx

Xyphyx New Member

Welcome to the forums Fantasy.

- Xy

7. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Excellent! Then you are most welcome to join us at Raven's Tavern in the lounge. Nothing but trouble to be had there. ;)

Wrey

8. Oasis Writer

Oasis Writer Contributor Contributor

Welcome :)

9. Parker3014

Parker3014 New Member

I look forward to reading/commenting on your work. I'm glad that you find this to be a very intellectually stimulating and well mannered forum. Keep up the reading, and borrow every good idea you find.

10. Hulk

Hulk Banned

Hey there :) Welcome to WF.org.

11. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Hi Kim, welcome to the forums. Liking the thorough introduction lol. Oh and I wouldn't worry about your spelling or even your boyfriend calling you dyslexic :p Everyone has something to learn and nobody is perfect.

Oh and i'm dyslexic, so its not allowed to be a bad thing :p Lol!

12. FantasyWitch

FantasyWitch New Member

Lol yeah well now you're my new favourite person :p