1. Perocore

Perocore New Member

Howdy

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Perocore, Oct 14, 2013.

Greetings, all!

My alias is Perocore, nick-alias-name being Pero (which I swear has nothing to do with the Spanish word for dog!) and my reality-alias being Arik. Honestly I was going to try to impress and amaze with a flashy display of my usage of complex word choice and "unusual" writing style...but then I realized that, being a 16 year old kid, I would probably just come across as likely lacking a little something in the attic, so to speak.

Carrying on, I am a high school student who is currently hoping to eventually achieve a Masters in Biology, and then to later study Arthropods (specifically tarantula behavior) and the domestication of reptiles. Naturally I do own several tarantulas (very inspiring creatures) as well as leopard geckos, a rather bratty iguana, a lonesome gerbil, an obese betta, and two rabbits who really need more attention. My family also includes some personable chickens, two ducks, a dog with separation anxiety, two needy cats, three lazy horses, more fish, and these annoying things people call 'siblings' (older brother, younger sister).

As for hobbies I enjoy reading a selection of books coming from the fantasy genre or being cynical in nature. I also enjoy writing such things, though I try to focus on the "development of deities" and science-fiction (futuristic) cultures involving human/alien relations. I do have a habit of resorting to romance when my mind's gone blank, but it usually gets the creative juices....er...energies flowing (juices sounds less than delightful). I have a habit of over using the words "also" and "however" and tend to use too many commas, but I'm working on that...I also (dang it!) do love writing and reading poetry. I think the best/"funnest" writing assignment I've ever been required to do was a Elizabethan sonnet, which I was annoyed to never get back.

Well...that's a little bit about me, I suppose! I'm pretty friendly and enjoy discussing and debating (friendly debate- I hate confrontation). I'm incredibly open minded and have a distinct phobia of needles and a distrust of giant pandas, Pomeranians, and sloths.

I look forwards to being apart of the community!
    Arik

Duchess-Yukine-Suoh likes this.
  2. Duchess-Yukine-Suoh

Duchess-Yukine-Suoh Girl #21 Contributor

Hey! I'm Duchess-Yukine-Suoh, but you can just call me Duchess. Or Your Highness. My reality-alias is Allison.

Anywho, I suggest you read the rules and FAQ's, as they are pretty helpful. And message a mod if you need anything.

I have a cute budgie who I love and a cat who hates me. I've always wanted a duck, you're lucky. (Lucky duck!)

-Allie

3. Tara

Tara Senior Member

I know how you feel.

Welcome. I'm Tara -no aliases, too lazy to remember them anyway- and holy shit, you have a lot of pets. We just have a dog, my little sister's cat Simba (who loves everyone) and my own cat Nala who hates everyone but me.

I believe I already said welcome.
    See you around,
    Tara

PS Check out the RP section; it's awesome, the people there are awesome too. Yes, I am indeed shamelessly promoting roleplaying in your introduction thread :p

4. Dresden260

Dresden260 Corrupt Diplomat

Sitting by a Fountain, Watching the world go by.

Stay away from me... *Jumps into a ditch*

5. Perocore

Perocore New Member

Thank you for the welcomes (and ditch jumping) everyone!

Duchess, I've read through the rules and will certainly check out the FAQ! Budgies are pretty awesome, my little sister's been dying for one so I've been saving up to get her one for Christmas. Haha, cats seem to be set on either "love" or "hate" from what I've found! The ducks are much of pets anymore, they live in our pond most of the year, but they are pretty amusing.

Tara, I don't think we have many, but I've also been surrounded by animals my whole life. We used to have goats too, but they "mysteriously vanished" when I was little. Cats and dogs are awesome though, got to love the classics (though I am more of a reptile person)! Thank you for the welcome ;)

PS; I will certainly do so! I find that RPing can be an excellent way to work on character development.

Dresdon260, oh come now! Tarantulas are such charming little creatures, therefore labeling me as charming by association! ;D

6. Dresden260

Dresden260 Corrupt Diplomat

Sitting by a Fountain, Watching the world go by.
    <------- Refer to profile picture for answer.