1. antaeus

antaeus Member

Uh-oh...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by antaeus, Dec 16, 2015.

I think I'm out of my element, but what the hell. I wonder, are dads allowed in this forum?
    Anyway, I wrote a 98K semi autobiographical about a drummer boy in the 60's, who at various times imagines himself to be James Bond, Jack Kerouac, Henry Thoreau, Edward Abbey, among others, as he matures in the wacky atmosphere of that time.
    I keep rewriting the beginning and that is what I could use feedback on at this time, as I languish on the coast of Maine.
    This forum appears to possess a formidable array of resources, so if you spy a shadowy figure lurking about, it would be me.
    I wish all of us the best of luck!

2. Mr. Galaxy

Mr. Galaxy Member

Dads?

I’m not sure if your aptitude for procreation is grounds to judge your need, wants and otherwise unknowable desire for a creative outlet. But sure!

I have no qualifications to say that you can stay but I like you. You seem nice. I just got here too. By here I of course mean in the non-physical sense, same as you.

3. BrianIff

BrianIff I'm so piano, a bad punctuator. Contributor

I like that angle, antaeus; I'm of the semi-auto inspiration myself, also reflecting on imaginings. I'll have to look up this Abbey fellow before I can say they all sound familiar life-wise. Best of luck to you as well, bud.

4. antaeus

antaeus Member

Haha... Yeah well, having two grown daughters, I like to be around intelligent younger folk, and thanks for your positive vote.

5. antaeus

antaeus Member

Semi-auto inspiration? Sounds like a futuristic transmission. Can I use that?
    Look him up--Abbey was the bad boy environmentalist. Desert Solitaire is his classic and The Monkey Wrench Gang inspired the Earth First movement.
    Thank you.