Tags:
  1. katsux

katsux New Member

lol hi guys

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by katsux, Jun 18, 2017.

okay hi, i'm kat and i mostly registered because i had a beautiful idea for a fiction podcast and i know generally where i want it to go but like, not really. so i figured i would make my life easier and sign up for an account to like, browse the threads and save the stuff thats useful.

a little about me: im 17, i really loved writing when i was younger but it kinda took a backseat to other stuff recently, and i kinda wanna get back into it because its fun, hence this project. im headed into college for anthropology with a focus in linguistics and a minor in statistics, but i have a whole bunch of other interests too- makeup, art, video games (im not very good at them so this mostly just means i like pokemon and the sims), music, etc.

and a little about the project in case anyone has some words of wisdom: its a podcast in like a found audio format, from the perspective of a college age kid (currently named oscar because i needed a placeholder) whos best friend (currently named edna, which i kinda like but its still a placeholder for now) got murdered and he's like, taking matters into his own hands, doing some armchair (but not really he's very active) detective work and posting it on like, websleuths or something. so like it will include conversations he secretly recorded, medical transcripts he stole, voicemails, and some of his own commentary, and the listener pieces together the story based on all that rather than traditional narration. i dont know who killed her yet myself and i really need some help with the plot which is primarily why im here but yeah anyway thats my lil project

2. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Greetings, welcome, and salutations to the fourm, young sirette.:superhello:

Call me crazy (which I am a bit mad :D), but what do you mean by
    'save the useful stuff'? Sure hope you mean as in taking notes for
    your own personal reference, and not literally saving postings on
    here. Cause I don't think too many would keen to that notion.

Your idea sounds a lot like a serial reading of a long running story
    line. IDK just thinking based upon evidence presented.
    Do you intend to have others portray the roles in voice for your
    broadcast or is it just an open reading of the narrative to your
    Murder/Mystery? Sounds like you have a plan there anyway.
    As for your plot, did you outline it or are you just a pantser (making it up as you go)?
    Perhaps you could try asking a few questions in the Plot Development thread
    on the parts you are stuck, and I am sure you will get lots of suggestion
    of usefulness.

Well good luck with your works, and I will C-ya around. :supersmile:

:supergrin:
    40KStoryTime.jpg

3. katsux

katsux New Member

by saving the useful stuff, i pretty much mean just taking motes, bookmarking sites people link to, stuff like that! could have been worded better but yeah.

as for the story, i do hope to get other people involved for immersion purposes, i'm gonna voice the doctor for like the medical transcripts but i have several other roles that im hoping to get people at my college on board with filling.

for the plot, i literally have nothing. i would love to know where im going with it, hence why im here, but everything i come up with seems too contrived or cliche. so i'll for sure check out the plot devel board!!