1. Bascomb Brown

Bascomb Brown Banned

Evening, all. New/oldish writer who is trying to get my s#!t together.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Bascomb Brown, Dec 2, 2019.

Hi all, As noted, I have been writing for some 2/3 years now, more in the academic world. Now with some free time on my hands, I am trying to hold myself accountable and finish my first sci-fi novel, which is about half way finished (maybe??). Looking forward to using the site and meeting others.

2. Tralala

Tralala Active Member

Welcome, Bascombe!

Bascomb Brown likes this.
  3. Dogberry's Watch

Dogberry's Watch Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2022 Contest Winner 2023

Welcome. I'm a few days new myself and I really enjoy the atmosphere here. I hope you find what you're looking for!

Bascomb Brown and Tralala like this.
  4. Morgoth_69

Morgoth_69 Member

Greetings.

Best of luck for your sci-fi novel.

Bascomb Brown likes this.
  5. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Welcome to the forum, Bascomb.

I'm one of the forum moderators, and want to help you get started. The forum is large and there is a lot under the hood. So if you have any difficulty getting settled, don't hesitate to contact me (click my owl avatar and 'start a conversation' with me) and I'll do my best to help.

You might want to start by becoming familiar with what we expect of new members, and getting a picture of how the forum works and what we have to offer. So here are three links that should be of use. It's very important to read and absorb the information in the first two:

New Member Quick Start
    Forum Rules

https://www.writingforums.org/faq/
    (This last one acts as an interactive forum map, which provides links to all areas of the forum. I find it very useful myself.)

I think you'll find many MANY of our members are interested in science fiction. Some, like myself, just like to read it, while others are experienced hands at writing it. So you'll be in good company.

Take your time to browse all areas of the forum. Don't hesitate to jump into threads that interest you. Our members especially appreciate reader critiques in the Workshop areas of the forum. You don't need to be an expert at writing—just give your reader reaction to what has been written (but do keep in mind—it's a critique, not a vote. Your reaction should be courteous and helpful to the writer.) To that end, this link might also be useful.
    https://www.writingforums.org/threads/constructive-critiques.20627/

Anyway, have fun, and I'll see you around the threads!

Cheers,
    Jan

6. Bascomb Brown

Bascomb Brown Banned

Thank you, Jan! I wish I had more time for this forum (and writing in general, you know), but I'll trudge along.
    And thanks, all for the welcome!