1. Tenderiser

Tenderiser Not a man or BayView

Suggestion WF's Twitter

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Tenderiser, Jun 3, 2016.

There's a massive writing community on Twitter and our account doesn't engage with them or drum up interest in joining the forum. Now this isn't a whinge--I am very, very aware of how time consuming social media is--but I wondered if we could improve it? A few established members are on Twitter and Tweet regularly about writing. Could a group of us be given access to Tweet from the WF account so we can make it more active and engaging?

I think it's too much to ask of one person alone, but as a collective? We can make more of it, I'm sure.

Imaginarily likes this.
  2. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

This is a good idea, and I second it. I know Daniel is busy being Daniel, so if we could find a few people to post on behalf of WF, that would be awesome.

Tenderiser likes this.
  3. Tenderiser

Have I hurt and/or offended whoever's currently in charge of Twitter? :(

4. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Contributor

No one's been offended, don't worry. :)
    Twitter is updated automatically when we post something on the Facebook page, and we just haven't posted anything there recently.

Tenderiser likes this.
  5. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

No, you have not. The fact is that there is currently no one at the "Twitter Helm", so to speak. Twitter updates that you see populate the right side-bar are ones that auto-generate out of Facebook posts from the Facebook page to which the mods and I do have access as admins.

Daniel has talked in the past about having a social media group, but this kinda' got back-burnered. And, unfortunately, your post/suggestion came right on the heels of a different topic that reached actinic hotness and which is the current subject under review. I personally think this is a terrific idea. It would be up to Daniel as to how to implement it.

Tenderiser likes this.
  6. Tenderiser

Phew. :)

Well I'm up for being part of a social media group if it's implemented in the future. I can't volunteer to do it on my own because I struggle keeping my author Twitter active enough, but I can certainly Tweet several times a week for WF.

Lifeline and Komposten like this.
  7. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

Improving our Twitter social media presence is definitely on the to-do list, it's just not the top priority. I'd like to have a few people working on it, with certain guidelines, sometime in the next several weeks.