1. The Freshmaker

The Freshmaker <insert obscure pop culture reference> Contributor

Video Games

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by The Freshmaker, Sep 4, 2007.

I know a bunch of people are excited about Halo 3. And I'm sure at least one of you is addicted to WoW.

Well, discuss your favorite video games. What do you play? What have you been disappointed with? What are you looking forward to?

I, for one, am just a little bit addicted to Bioshock.

2. Frost

Frost Active Member

Baldurs Gate series.
    These are my favourite games ever and I miss them dearly.

3. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    Civilization 1 through 4 for me.
    I like the strategy behind it, the crushing of ones enemies through military, cultural, and monetary domination. The slow build up into an unstoppable nuclear power, who nukes cities for fun, and the ability to destroy entire cities.

4. Eoz Eanj

Eoz Eanj Contributor Contributor

My boyfriends addicted to WoW and dota, to a lesser extent I suppose.

I'm more of a fighting games person, soul calibre and mortal kombat being favourites.

5. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Vehemently seconded, though I've never actually played the original... I feel oddly neglected...

6. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Don't bother with it. It was fun at the beginning, but wow the system was wonky. Roman phalanx defeating a tank. Just doesn't work for me.
    Of course not having to worry about resources, meant I could swamp the world with my naval calvary, by the 14th century.

7. Banzai

Lol. I love IV though. Have you got the expansion pack? Is it worth it?

8. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

My computer could barely run the basic Civ 4. I didn't trust it with an expansion. Maybe when I get a better computer.
    I wonder if this new one would run it. Time to find out.
    Good bye life.

9. Raven

Raven Banned

I'm excited about the release of Unreal Tournament 2007 later this year.
    The game looks much more promising then Unreal Tournament 2004. And that was good.

10. Lirael

Lirael New Member

Well, I've enjoyed many games in my time, from Spyro and Lego Island (when I was yonger), to Final Fantasy and Zelda (currently).

Final Fantasy is a game that surprised me. At first, I wasn't interested in the series in the slightest. I found the battle system tedious, and wanted the story to move more quickly. But as I progressed through X, I came to love almost everything. The characters were all so enchanting, and the story was one of the best I had ever seen. VIII had given me a bad first impression, so I left that 'til later and purchased Dawn of Souls, IX, VII, IV, XII and, much later, III (at different points in time). I've enjoyed them all so far. I decided to go back to VIII and it's now my favourite Final Fantasy game. =] Haha. It's always the way.

Zelda was another game I disliked at first. I played Majora's Mask at a friend's house, but when I bought my Gamecube, Zelda: Wind Waker came with it. It took a while for me to put the disk in the machine, but the moment I did I was engaged in the series. I still love it! Majora's Mask is somewhat okay, but not a favourite. I'd say Wind Waker remains my favourite Zelda, perhaps even my favourite game, with Twilight Princess following closely.

Other games I enjoy include Pokemon (Fire Red, Crystal and Ruby, really), Phoenix Wright, Tales of Eternia, Tekken and Power Stone. I do enjoy other games, of course, but those are the ones that come to mind. =] Oooh, Beyond Good and Evil was also awesome. :-D

Games I've been disappointed in... Well... Final Fantasy: Tactics Advance was a let down, as was X-2. ¬_¬ I dunno what else. I don't tend to play games I'm not sure I'll like. :p

I await Zelda: Phantom Hourglass and Final Fantasy XII: Revenant (sp?) Wings. =]

11. The Freshmaker

The Freshmaker <insert obscure pop culture reference> Contributor

I am a die-hard Zelda fan. Didn't you ever play Ocarina of Time? That was the best one, for me.

I haven't played Twilight Princess yet. I hear the Gamecube version got better reviews that the Wii.

12. Raven

Raven Banned

Nothing Beats Unreal Tournament for a good rampage

13. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

The only game I ever really got into was Halo/Halo 2. I don't have a Xbox 360 but I'll probably buy one just for Halo 3. :)

14. Raven

Raven Banned

Yeah Halo online was really good in Capture The Flag missions. If your on with the right gamers the team work is simply amazing. But then so is Call of Duty 2 if your with the right gamers

15. JymmiTee

JymmiTee New Member

I'm neck deep in Bioshock right now -- my progress is slow because I limit myself to only playing it when it's dark and I can turn the lights out and the speakers up. So I get maybe a few hours a week with it.

Aside from that, I'm still playing Rainbow 6 Vegas, Gears of War, Company of Heroes, and have also recently started tinkering with Sims 2 expansions and Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 expansions again as well.

16. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Civ 4 won't run on my new computer. It keeps causing a fatal error with the video card before it even loads.
    Wah!

17. Banzai

:eek: That's awful, Dom!

18. Lirael

Lirael New Member

Yeah, Ocarina of Time came with my version of Wind Waker. :-D I also ended up getting it with Majora's Mask on a Collector's Edition disk for the Gamecube.

Twilight Princess actually feels like a re-make of it in some areas. The music is basically the same, though it uses different instruments. I suppose the tracks are more like mixes of the music from OoT. :p The names of the various areas are also the same. =]