1. Zelg

Zelg New Member

Hello Everyone

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Zelg, Jul 25, 2014.

My name is John, I'm 24 years old, I'm a history teacher and I'm from Cartagena, Colombia. I did some really small scale writing back when I was in college for my own personal enjoyment and recreation, but never anything major. I've had a dream for a long time to write a fantasy novel and I've decided that I want to give it a try now. I really want to try. I joined this forum with the hopes of getting some ideas and advice to get started. I look forward to getting involved and contribute to the forums community. :agreed:

Ps: As you might have guessed, english is not my first language, so please forgive any spelling or grammatical errors.

2. obsidian_cicatrix

obsidian_cicatrix I ink, therefore I am. Contributor

Hi John.

I would never have guessed. ;) Really, I wouldn't have.

Welcome to the forum. Lots of inspiration here... it was almost enough to spin my head around when I first joined up. Do you have a story in your head already? You'll find that there are many differences of opinion, and personal preferences. Some of us are planners, some of us fly by the seat of our pants. (Me being one of them.) What really matters finding a way of working that appeals to you and your innate gifts. Often the best thing to do is simply start writing.

If you haven't already done so, check out the New Member Quick Start Guide and also the Forum Rules.

Looking forward to seeing you around.

3. Inkwell1

Inkwell1 Active Member

Hi John, and welcome to the forum!

I agree with @obsidian_cicatrix in the manner that you should find your way of working--the way of working that appeals to you, inspires you and motivates you to keep writing. :write: I also agree that you can settle into the idea for a spell, but what you need to do to start writing is to start writing! :rofl: When you get an idea that you think is actually really appealing, don't hesitate: go write it down!!! And if you find a few speed bumps along the way--well, that's what the forum is for!

So go! Grab some inspiration and have a ball!

4. Zelg

Zelg New Member

Thank you, guys! :)

And yeah, I already have the story, setting, characters and rules of the world in my head. It took me a full year to do so, but I think I've finished building my imaginary universe.

So I guees the only thing left is... start writing. No big deal...right? Right?​

obsidian_cicatrix likes this.
  5. EpicIndian

EpicIndian New Member

Go ahead and write, it's not gonna eat you up or anything. :p

6. Inkwell1

Inkwell1 Active Member

Well, it is quite a big deal in some ways (it's the beginning of your story! Celebrate!) but in others it's just a normal day-to-day activity (it's only typing on your computer's keyboard; not like it's a reason to celebrate or anything (pfft))