Tags:
  1. Teladan

Teladan Contributor Contributor

Tolkien Memorised

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Teladan, Sep 13, 2020.

Hello, all. Please feel free to remove if this post is against the rules. Just thought some of you Tolkien/fantasy fans might appreciate these videos. I've recently revived, with the help of my brother, an old project called Tolkien Memorised. We perform JRR's songs and poems by heart, some in the invented languages. We've four new videos out, but we though you might enjoy Sarithus' attempt at The Song of Earendil, a very long and complex poem memorised entirely by heart. That's the video of which we're most proud. We're still working on increasing the quality of our videos and don't have much time to do them, so please bear with us as we learn. We may eventually branch out to other works of literature.

And yes, it shouldn't come as a surprise that the guy who has read about ten Tolkien books started a channel devoted to memorisation... :)

Have a good day.

Mark Burton and Dogberry's Watch like this.
  2. Dogberry's Watch

Dogberry's Watch Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2022 Contest Winner 2023

That was incredibly peaceful and I smiled the whole time. Nicely done. I hope you keep going.

Teladan likes this.
  3. Teladan

Teladan Contributor Contributor

That's exactly the type of comment we like to hear. Thank you. Make sure you to check out the other videos if you have time. Some better than others admittedly, but we try!

Namárië!

Dogberry's Watch likes this.
  4. Mark Burton

Mark Burton Fried Egghead Contributor

My memory doesn't bend to those sorts of things, being crammed instead with other professional junk. Still, I admire someone who can memorise such passages, especially from Tolkien no less. I hope you enjoy it for many years to come!

Teladan likes this.
  5. Francisco D Alp

Francisco D Alp Member

Thanks for this. I've recently been trying to memorise the poem about the troll... probably one of the least glamorous Tolkien poem. But I figured I'd start small

Teladan likes this.