Tags:
  1. Stormsong07

Stormsong07 Contributor Contributor

Can't think of the name of this old PC game and it's making me crazy

Discussion in 'Research' started by Stormsong07, Jul 4, 2017.

OK.
    So I know this is random, lol.
    I used to play this old PC game. Probably in the 97-00 time frame. It was a series, I remember I had like, #5 or #7 in the series, and that's the only one I played. The number was in Roman Numerals on the cover. I'm pretty sure the title was 3 words. I keep thinking Reign of Fire, but all I get when I google that is the game based off the movie. Or maybe something with "chaos" in the title?
    It was set in a medieval fantasy world. You could pick to be a mage, a warrior, or a rogue. (I know, I know, like all medieval fantasy games, right?)
    I remember that the mages shot fireballs and ice balls as some of their main spells. They were at the bottom of your screen (like in WoW) and you could trigger them with a keyboard shortcut. The mages wore robes.
    I'm pretty sure there was one quest line where you had to steal a feather or something from a pegasus' nest.
    You started at an inn, which was your home base.
    I also remember wandering around this town on the coast that was burned or sacked by bandits? And you had to help try to fight them.
    Also something about a cave...I think where you could learn or make spells or potions...?

I realize this is very vague, but does it ring any bells for anyone? It's driving me crazy.

2. Stormsong07

Stormsong07 Contributor Contributor

FIGURED IT OUT! It was "Quest For Glory V: Dragonfire".