1. Raven

Raven Banned

Call Of Duty Games

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Raven, Oct 17, 2008.

I am a big fan of the Call Of Duty games. Well PC versions anyhow.

I loved the first and expansion I really liked the Second even better. And the fourth has to be some of the best first person gaming I've ever played. And from the Demo I played of Call Of Duty 5 I can say the same.

What bugs me is Call Of Duty 3 never made it to PC I'm not really sure why.

So I bought it for the PS2. And I have to admit. I never got past the fist wall. I just cannot play it with the joy pad and was gutted.

I would have loved to play it bit sadly on the console I just couldn't work with how the controls were. Movement wise shooting wise well It was a shame.

Anyone else agree.

The first second and fourth are brilliant and the fifth looks set to be the same. But Sadly I just can't play the third on the console.

2. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

I never even thought of CoD3 as a sequel. it really just felt like a United Offensive for CoD 2. I think they made is specific for consoles primarily because CoD2's online multiplayer sucked for a console system. You could only have 8 players, the maps were all tiny, and the game types were more limited than in the original CoD and lacked the open variety that could be created with online content for PC CoD2.

imo. CoD3 was just a rectification so some weird design choices for the console versions of CoD2.

I don't mind consoles. I've always loved the feel of a dual analog controller in my hands, but I readily recognize that a mouse pad and keyboard is much more intuitive and reactive (Especially for an FPS).

3. Mercury

Mercury Active Member

I completed COD3 on the 360. I have to say I don't think it was as good as the other 3. When I'm done with single-player mode I play the COD games quite heavily in multiplayer, and there's no way I'm using a controller for that. Give me mouse and keyboard anyday.

4. soujiroseta

soujiroseta Contributor Contributor

yeah COD 3 was a bit awkward i played it because i love the franchise but there were time when i wished i hadn't. The controls on a console just arent made for shooters, it leads to people moving in awkward ways to get a good target like the famed side to side shimmy when you have a rapid fire weapon. Mouse and keyboard for shooters is the only way i say. Its the only way too play the game the way its supposed to be played.
    COD 4 in my opinion is probably one of the best shooters of all time. I mean anyone can pick up that game and have at least a little fun. the fifth one looks exactly the same but to be honest im tired of WW2 shooter especially after just finishing Brother in Arms: Hells Highway.

5. Redsrock

Redsrock New Member

Sorry, but I don't get that. A game should be played how the player wants to play. So if that said player wants to play on a console, that means they're playing the wrong way? Come on now, that's just silly.

6. soujiroseta

soujiroseta Contributor Contributor

I see your point, just that a lot of emotions were flowing here when i opened this topic. I have two roomates, one owns a 360 the other a PS3 and i have a pc. lol but you are correct.