1. shoaibjaved

shoaibjaved New Member

the problem i am facing in writing......

Discussion in 'Non-Fiction' started by shoaibjaved, Nov 2, 2010.

there are number of problem i face when i have to write an essay.....my essay target is minimum 7 band and i am really striving heard to achieve the one.....
    i face following problem
    when i have to write on any topic which i usually take from ielts essays and letters i feel that i am totally blank and have no ideas.
    secondly i donot know how write good sentences....though my reading skill is quite better almost i can read easily all the "The Economist" magzine and find only some words which i cannot understand but when it comes to writing something i cant even write good sentences and good words......
    if any body can help me ....

2. Islander

Islander Contributor Contributor

Is English your native language?

Do you know if you suffer from some form of dyslexia?

3. throughthepeephole

throughthepeephole New Member

If you are having severe difficulties you should speak to your teachers, or possibly a guidance counsellor or trusted friend.

4. Mrt

Mrt New Member

Maybe I should not jump into this too fast, we have not determine his origin, or if he suffers from dyslexia. I have suffered from dyslexia about 45 years now, and back in my days they just though you where “Mentally Challenged”, and resources where not available. I would love to take my Pilots license back to those old teachers and shove it there faces loll. Most of my education was self taught just like my wife, she is French and I think her English grammar is better then mine, but I also married a very intelligent woman.

Over the years I have made friends from that came from all over the world, but there perseverance to learn where high, and given them a short period of time “there English exploded”.

If you do suffer from dyslexia you can contact me i am very patient on the subject plus I might be able to give you some tricks.:D

5. violetinsideme

violetinsideme Active Member

I think it would be a good idea to follow the advice of others concerning dyslexia. Mrt seems more than happy to help you through any issues if you do. Also, there are a number of sites that will help you develop creative writing skills utilizing different exercises. They are very helpful to use just before you begin your work. I cannot tell you one offhandedly, but you could BING it, Google it, whatever, and find a plethora of places. Good Luck!

6. Mallory

Mallory Contributor Contributor

Don't let what I call the Great Blank Word Doc Dilemma get you down. Just write something, even if you don't think it's good. Don't worry about getting the wording right, just express yourself the best you can. Then, once you're done, go back over it with a theasuarus and work on improving word choice and stuff (feel free to PM me, I'm really good with grammar/editing and would be happy to help you).

Also, for your first draft, using a paper and pen might be helpful. This will get rid of the frustration that comes with having that blank computer screen staring you down, and your writing might flow with more ease.

Good luck!