1. Flashfire07

Flashfire07 Active Member

Help creating an 'X-files' type government agency?

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Flashfire07, Dec 2, 2011.

Having read lots of weird stories, freaky nature articles and playing an assortment of horror videogames I have decided my next project is going to have a supernatural bent to it. The premise is that the main character is part of a government task force devoted to "finding the creepy gribblies, dangerous trinkets and magic lunatics" as he'd put it. I plan to scatter the story with reports of creatures, items and phenomena encountered by the agency as well. Now I do need some help with these reports. Firstly, how should I classify the things encountered? I plan to have an entry in the report describing the overall threat level of the thing encountered, so "Class: Omega (extreme)",something along those lines. Secondly, what should I name the organisation? If anyone has any other suggestions, phenomena to investigate for example I would appreciate it too.

2. Egbert

Egbert New Member

Well, it seems that this is a bit like a super classified horror book. I would classify the phenoma as "Classification: (Blue, Purple, Yellow, Orange, Red to indicate danger), (Name of Phenoma), (Species of Phenoma if applies), etc. etc."
    Just a lot of information, and pretty much everything you have on the creature.
    I'm not really sure what you could call it, only that it would be an abbreviation that you could pronounce, like DARPA.