1. KrisTheZombie

KrisTheZombie New Member

My two year old idea...thoughts?

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by KrisTheZombie, May 24, 2010.

Okay, so ive been working on this novel for...almost two years now and i thought id see what people think about it.

heres the main idea;

It all starts in a place called 'Ruthlast'.

A little background information on Ruthlast.
    They are born fighters. Males, at age 30 (about 5 years of age to us) are sent to a type of military school. Females even younger then that start learning to work in and around the house. Things cooking//cleaning.
    They also still have slaves. They determine who will be a slave by how much related to the royal family you are.
    From all of the ‘training’ they become ‘zombie-like’ fallowing orders and not caring what happens to them. Completely void of all emotion.
    I wont write down all their chrematistics and history unless you guys want it, but basically a scientist named Dr. Marks finds his great grand fathers old journals with full detail of the Ruths. Marks get the idea to create a super human race created with the Ruthlastians DNA and so started the war between his company ‘Mantis’ and Ruthlast.

My main character is born with a strong, loving, caring, compassionate personality. She’s also born to the king and queen. They try their hardest to make her ‘zombieish’ like all the others but she stays strong and nothing ever works, although she does come to have depression and severe panic attacks on a regular basis.

She ends up meeting one of the older slaves who becomes a sort of mentor to her and after he passes away she decides to do what he was always wanting her to do; run away.
    She ends up on Earth and the fight to fit in starts.
    Later she becomes sort of a ’Hero’ around her small town and ends up going on what she thinks she thinks will be a small task of going to find a man’s son.
    She ends up finding dr. marks has the man and is performing strange experiments.

She ends up becoming what she was trying to run from; a skilled killer fighting the exact same thing her people where trying for centurys to fight.

they also end up going into lots of different worlds and meeting a bunch of interesting people.

To me its a story of her trying to find herself//learning to be herself.

----------------
    So what do you guys think?? I know, I know, I suck at these so bad and I left a lot of stuff out, so if you have any questions defiantly just ask. Ideas are welcome to. :3

-The Zombie

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

A story concept means nothing. I can tell you now, it has been done before, in some form or other. But that's irrelevant. What matters is how you write it, the characterization, the flow, the imagery, all of it.

There's no benefit in asking what other people think of the concept! They'll either say,"Sounds great," or, "it sounds like a ripoff of..."

If the idea stirs you, write it. Then ask people what they think of the final story. After they tell you what they don't like about it, revise it, usually several times, until you're happy with it or until you throw up your hands and say the hell with it.

Please read this thread about What is Plot Creation and Development?

3. KrisTheZombie

KrisTheZombie New Member

True. I just love hearing what people think of my ideas...it kinda gives me inspiration. Haha, I guess i'm weird like that.

And i'll be sure to check out that thread. :]

4. MFreak

MFreak New Member

It isn't weird to seek out how others feel about your ideas, but it also isn't very helpful. How can anybody tell what the quality of a plot from a short summery. How can we tell if the characters will be believable. How can we tell if the events will be well described and interesting.

All a summery does is tell us the general direct the story is going in and where it will end up. but it can never fully describe the journey it will take to get there.

5. KrisTheZombie

KrisTheZombie New Member

Good point.

6. System-Crashed

System-Crashed New Member

I'd say both.

Back on subject, I think you need to have your ideas in more detail first before you write it.

What is the main character like?
    What are the character's motivation?

Just hammer out these little details and keep them in mind. Have fun, just leave out your spelling mistakes.