1. Megs33

Megs33 Active Member

affirmation for the ADD writer

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by Megs33, Jun 12, 2017.

to the writer whose wheels are spinning and barely gaining traction, and even when they do move it's in a stupid circle,

to the writer who starts to write something and immediately gets overwhelmed by the realization that this sentence makes no sense, this character sounds stupid, does this even fit with the plot i want, oh god the plot is boring, zomg am i honestly that disillusioned to think i can do this I SOUND LIKE A FOURTH GRADER,

to the writer who is terrible at sitting down and focusing when things are difficult (which is probably always. high five.),

to the writer who's started a frustrated post in this forum half a dozen times, reread it, realized it was a dumb question and deleted it because you're not sure you can handle snark right now,

to the writer who gets desperately overwhelmed by all the details and thoughts and ideas that need to come together seamlessly for you to feel like all your months and years of work have been worth it,

to the writer who reads a national bestseller and kind of wants to throw it across the room because it's so. damn. good.

to the writer trying to remember why you thought this would be fun but can't quit because you told all your friends that you're writing a book,

i feel ya.

also, think about how cool this will sound when you write your memoir someday. ride that struggle bus and own it, because later you'll be someone's hero for plowing through all that mental red tape. giddyup.

Thundair, ToDandy and Fernando.C like this.
  2. Thundair

Thundair Contributor Contributor

The memoir sold two copies so much for an interesting life 100 jobs and 29 trades

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
    RWK likes this.