1. Medio

Medio New Member

Plot troubles

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Medio, Jul 30, 2013.

I'm currently working on a story where an heir of a huge industry is forced into a power struggle for control of the industry with his siblings after his father is killed during an exhibition of his new generation design and along with an anonymous tip from a mysterious figure seeks to uncover the reason behind his father's murder while dealing with siblings and fending off hired hit men. My issue here though is how to actually go about it and if I should change the plot direction if it's too cliche or not :(

2. Caesari

Caesari New Member

Not sure I follow. What exactly is your question? The story needs to be YOURS, and it won't be cliche if you write it well enough. There are many ways you could go about it-- whether start after the father's death, which could be an interesting spin, or before. But explore your characters- what is their motivation for wanting the company? Delve into them, get a feel for them, and let them write the story for you!

3. Medio

Medio New Member

I mean is the basic idea behind it unoriginal or not, I probably just worded it weird as always -.- though my thing when it comes to writing I sometimes take forever with short stories or chapters in whatever because I want to grip people with my writing and get any type of feedback, whether bad or good so I can better improve myself y'know? And this one here in particular is killing me because I haven't had enough time to really be like hey check out this plot and get feedback from that

4. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

It's all in how you tell the story. The plot idea is just the skeleton.

5. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

Start writing. That's the only way to see if you can turn this idea into a story/novel or not.

6. Medio

Medio New Member

Gotcha then I'll get to it, I'll make an intro and post it here if that's cool of course

7. Thomas Kitchen

Thomas Kitchen Proofreader in the Making Contributor

Go and write that intro! :) Just make sure you've made at least twenty posts and have critiqued at least two people's excerpts before you go posting your own, otherwise no one will reply. :p It's worth doing those things before you do post, though, because generally the feedback given here is superb. :D