1. TheGrandThree

TheGrandThree New Member

.::Writer's Block: Need Ideas::.

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by TheGrandThree, Oct 13, 2006.

WRITER'S BLOCK: NEED IDEAS:eek:

> I've been stuggling with Writer's Block for my Novel. So stuck, I'm going to go crazy soon if I don't get a idea. So if anyone can help me out with brainstorm ideas, it would be great. Well I had a few ideas but they don't work out for me, I need to get a good feeling before I go on with a idea.

Story so far > I always figured in needed a bit of twisted in the story. What if my Main Character's family had a rival family who always though they were better. Mean, cold-hearted always willing to pick a fight.

In Little Bell Forest, are family of four are on look out for a uncommon plant, which is to bring good luck to the little ones with they find there true strenght within them someday. Instead they end up meeting up with the rival family a family of three. But how do they meet up?...I don't know? Any ideas.

andrew smith likes this.
  2. IndianaJoan

IndianaJoan New Member

Maybe they are looking for the same plant?

andrew smith likes this.
  3. WhispWillow

WhispWillow New Member

Maybe the other family follow them perhaps.

Do you brainstorm much?

andrew smith likes this.
  4. Milo

Milo New Member

OKay, how about if the first family(come on the good guys) rent a cabin in the forest on the second family's (boo, hiss,) land. The second family (from now on to be known as "the bad guys") are rich and treat the rather poor tenants pretty darn badly. (Ahhhhh.)
    And, when the good guys finally find the plant (woo hoo), the bad guys insist that they give it to them coz it came from their property. (Grrrrrr.)

Or not.

Oh, and I never barnstorm. I'm afraid of flying.

andrew smith likes this.
  5. WhispWillow

WhispWillow New Member

Flying, hehe:D

Yes, you could get something out of that, developing it much more of course, but yes, you could go with that.
    If you are happy with it then go for it:)

andrew smith likes this.
  6. Nexus

Nexus New Member

Dont brainstorm, its annoying and frustrating. You need to read as much literature as possible and keep it in your subconscious mind till you think of something!

Dunno if it works for you but it works with me!!! (but lucky me, I never have writers block)

andrew smith likes this.
  7. Laimtoe

Laimtoe New Member

Brainstorm as much as you'd like. I rarely get writers block, but I do get it. How about this, on the way to this big trip the family gets a flat tire, and the evil badguys wind up being the people to help them out, or visa versa -- or whatever work with it in some way.

andrew smith likes this.
  8. TheGrandThree

TheGrandThree New Member

> Thanks for the help guys. But I still need ideas...I'm sssooo stuck it's kill'in me. If anyone of had ideas in the back of ya' heads it would be grand:) I might have a idea or two but they don't really fit. But keep on help'in me, it's really great help. ^^

andrew smith likes this.
  9. xxkozxx

xxkozxx Active Member

Maybe they should meet up in a hallucination? What kind of plant is it that is such a hot commodity?

andrew smith likes this.
  10. trailer trash

trailer trash New Member

Some tips on how to overcome writers block

Wikipedia
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Writer%27s_block

Various strategies for overcoming writer's block

Some authorities have recommended the following to those suffering from writer's block:

Setting a time and write whatever comes to mind, without stopping, for that time.

Using writers' exercises such as "chunking". They use many websites that contain numerous creative writing exercises. Writers read an exercise, and do it.

Taking a break, meditating, or doing relaxation exercises to relieve any pressure on oneself and on the writing.

Doing something out of the ordinary. If writer's block comes from a lack of new ideas, attempts to spark creativity by going somewhere new or doing something different can be useful.
    Returning to the writing after a lapse of a day or two.

Write a basic plot outline of the story from beginning, middle and conclusion if having problems to keep the story on the rails.

Write or type out a complete short story by one's favourite author. By the end of ten to twenty pages, the mind is properly engaged to again be creative.

andrew smith likes this.
  11. TheGrandThree

TheGrandThree New Member

Thanks for the tip:)

andrew smith likes this.
  12. TheGrandThree

TheGrandThree New Member

-OFF WRITER'S BLOCK!!!-

> Yay I'm off Writer's Block, I have a good idea in mind. I hope the reader will enjoy it. It's a good idea I do say so myself. Thanks to all of your guys help. Thanks^^​

andrew smith likes this.