1. Fullmetal Xeno

Fullmetal Xeno Protector of Literature Contributor

Does anybody know how to open old bookmarks to their computer when it has been fixed?

Discussion in 'Writing Software and Hardware' started by Fullmetal Xeno, Aug 4, 2011.

Ok so i just got my old computer back today and i have a Windows XP. I just got it back from it being fixed cause it had a virus earlier on. I saw all my old files on there, but the bookmarks said empty. I tried looking for all my old bookmarks while bookmarking this site and plenty of others... does anybody know how you would acess old bookmarks into a folder? Cause i can't find it? Help would be very appreciated :D.

2. InkwellC

InkwellC New Member

Which browser are you using?

Most likely the bookmarks aren't there anymore, but browsers will often place a file on your computer with the bookmarks. Would love to help you track it down, just need this tidbit of information. (Computers are my second addiction - writing is my first:) )

3. Fullmetal Xeno

Well i was using Internet Explorer and then i changed it to Google Chrome. But i still don't see any on Explorer or Chrome :(.

4. InkwellC

InkwellC New Member

Click "Start" and type "Favorites" into the search box.

If that doesn't get it then try "C:\Documents and Settings\(username)\Favorites" to see if they might be there.

If both are gone... I'm sorry you are out of luck.

Inkwell

5. Fullmetal Xeno

Well it's gone on both browsers. But when i check my documents, some have showed up, but not all. Well, atleast i have still have a part of it left.

6. InkwellC

InkwellC New Member

Sorry you didn't get them all.

Glad you have some of them though, I hate losing all of my Bookmarks (I use Firefox).

7. Fullmetal Xeno

It's ok. That Virus i got on my computer probably wiped out most of it or unless my local computer team must have forgot to carry most of the bookmark data into the files. Oh well, atleast everything else works smoothly. They did their job well.

8. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Contributor

Xeno - there are a number of online services that will save your bookmarks for you. They're free and you can find them with google. Then, when you change computers or get a new one or lose data or whatever, all your browser bookmarks are still there.