1. SunnyInTheSnow

SunnyInTheSnow New Member

WordWars

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by SunnyInTheSnow, Feb 17, 2011.

Hey,
    i think there are no things like WordWars here. (If there are: Sorry, I did't find them)

WordWars are a great way to motivate yourself and each other. (Just like the NaNo does, but unfortunately the Nano is only one moth, and the year has 12...)
    There are different ways to organize word wars:
    • The users organize them themselves. e.g. one writes:*WW 8pm-9pm, then everyone who wants to participate writes from 8pm to 9 pm and then you post how many words you wrote during this time
    • Every moth there is a WordWar (e.g. "write 10.000 words this month"). And then the users can post how many words they have and who did it and wrote all the words.
    • WWs with Topics, e.g. "Write a diary entry of the first person you saw today. You have 5 Minutes, post how many words you wrote within these 5 min."

I love WWs they are so motivating! And I can't wait for the NaNo without WWs...

What do you think?:)

2. LordKyleOfEarth

LordKyleOfEarth Contributor Contributor

If you think it's the sort of thing people would like to attempt, start a thread for it in the Word Games forum. Nothing to lose right?

3. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

I like this idea. It could seriously aid in motivating people. As Kyle said though, a thread is probably more suited.