1. Stacy C

Stacy C Banned

Will This Change The Way You Write?

Discussion in 'Self-Publishing' started by Stacy C, Jun 21, 2015.

2. EmptySoul

EmptySoul Active Member

My personal (as opposed to commercial) writing is done simply for me and has had such experimental formats as being written entirely in dialogue, having a main character communicate on the basis of sound, and many other, and in many other bizarre ways. Clearly this change would not influence such writing. However, the projects I am considering for publishing and the articles already published that I have considered collecting for publication would clearly be influenced. Specifically, I would strongly consider each sentence and paragraph to see if they were building momentum and increasing overall interest in the central theme of the piece. In this way Amazon's changes would make my internal editor more ruthless and my writing side would clearly attempt to make each sentence more alluring and seductive so that the reader is compelled to keep going. Some of my favorite authors have done this to me time and time again.

3. shadowwalker

shadowwalker Contributor Contributor

Sounds like just a way for Amazon to pay out less each month.

4. EmptySoul

EmptySoul Active Member

I had considered that too. Perhaps they are trying to get around the binge buying phenomenon by not having to pay royalties on the unopened files that sit forgotten.