1. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Freaking for no reason lol

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Torana, May 25, 2007.

I was having a conversation on msn with a friend of mine and had to leave to go tend to my toddler who had stirred in her sleep.

When I returned to my conversation I was looking at the screen and suddenly noticed something wasn't right with the conversation. There were words typed on the screen that I hadn't typed out (or so I thought at the time).

After a few minutes of freaking out and thinking that my computer had been hacked or something and freaking myself and my friend out I realised that I had actually typed it but had just forgotten that we were talking about something completely different than what I thought lol.

So yes she is now literally having a very good laugh at me for it.

We had been talking about log books for our learners permits and whe I returned I was like why would I write that I wrote it down on paper and had to get a new book. I was thinking why would I say that when I am at the computer at the moment and when I am at the computer I write my poetry onthe computer as we were aso talking about the latest poetry competition.

So yes here I was thinking that someone had been playing silly beggers with me and the whole time it was just that I was too distracted by my daughter and had forgotten that we were previously talking about our log books instead of poetry lol

Ok well I know this is quite random but it was a good laugh and thought I'd share the laugh with everyone here....lol

(please tell me I am not the only one that has done something like this...lol)

~Torana

2. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Hmmm.. I wonder who the other person was???? :p

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Happens too often with me. Honestly, I'm really not senile! But I'm nearly always doing two or things at once, so if I get distracted by something like a phone call (some things require 100% attention!) I can be very lost when I try to return to what I was doing.

And yes, that does include live internet communications.

4. Torana

Well I am glad I am not the only one then lol

Have you ever been on the phone and put the phone down and walked off to do something only to come back like 20 minutes to an hour later to the person sitting and waiting for you to return or a dial tone cause they hung up? I do it all the time lol

My memory went really bad after I fell pregnant with my daughter...but it always gets a laugh :D:D:D:D

5. Targaddon

Targaddon Banned

LOL this has happened to me a few times especially when i've been at work and typed out a response in email then thought why did i type that and what was it about again. lol

6. wordwizard

wordwizard New Member

hahahah I like how you phrase getting pregnant...you "fell pregnant" hahahaha sorry just thought it was funny.

7. Torana

hehehehe well wasn't sure how else to word it really, maybe became pregnant would have been a better way of wording it lol

8. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Nah, became pregnant is (in a literary sense) mundane. Fell pregnant certainly a more noteworthy phrasing - just witness the reaction!

9. Torana

I like the way you put that lol

10. Max Vantage

Max Vantage Banned

So what about trip pregnant or slip-on-banana pregnant? Are they included in the context? :confused: :D