Tags:
  1. Shifra

Shifra New Member

really want to take this somewhere, any ideas?

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Shifra, Aug 15, 2010.

She scratches for a living, raising an empire from the dust. Her followers, many and varied, are all fiercely loyal to her principles and ideoligy.

Born to a dead mother, her father unknown, dragged away to work the ethos mines at nine years of age. She lost her mind from the dirt and strain, torn on two by the rough hands of oversized and inderfed men. Is it really that surprising that she grew up bitter and vicious?

Secretly, VERY secretly, she cares for her tag-along gang. Her pain has entered her blood and hardened it to steel, and she takes no prisoners.

Once, her grandmother called her Jana. Now she is known only as the Barbed-Wire Princess.

2. Mallory

Mallory Contributor Contributor

Your story, your ideas.

Now, if you actually write something and want feedback on it, PM me and let me know. :) Or if there's something specific that you have figured out for the most part, but you're struggling with a small logistical aspect of it, I'll give advice on that, too.

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

A story concept means nothing. I can tell you now, it has all been done before. What matters is how you write it, the characterization, the flow, the imagery, all of it.

There's no benefit in asking what other people think of the concept! They'll either say,"Sounds great," or, "it sounds like a ripoff of..."

If the idea stirs you, write it. Then ask people what they think of the final story. After they tell you what they don't like about it, revise it, usually several times, until you're happy with it or until you throw up your hands and say the hell with it.

Please read this thread about What is Plot Creation and Development?

4. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

and you don't even have a story concept yet, only a purple prosily-described character...

you could take it/her in too many directions story-wise to list... sure, we could all come up with some, but you shouldn't be trying to write by committee, only from your own imagination and ideas...

5. Karl C. Lewis

Karl C. Lewis New Member

My suggestion would be to read other non-fictional stories that kind of center around your idea, then mesh that with some of your own experiences in life that could work with your story.