1. Contagion

Contagion New Member

What does your MC look like?

Discussion in 'Word games' started by Contagion, Feb 6, 2011.

Basically, a thread to visually describe your MC.

It could be fun, just to see visualise your own and others' MC's!

Some ideas: Hair colour, clothes, height, build... absolutely anything really to help people 'see' your MC

2. Mallory

Mallory Contributor Contributor

One of my MCs, Connor, is a 10-year-old boy. He's kind of thin and scrawny, messy blond hair, always dirty from messing around in the yard and in the woods and stuff and running away from bullies at school. This is the story that's "done" but deep in revision. I'm basically rewriting the latter two-thirds of it because I changed some plot premises.

In the novel I'm currently developing -- haven't done much writing on it yet -- Adalyn is the protag and she's a 12-year-old girl. She's got glasses, straggly brown hair, greenish-blue eyes, and is small for her age and hates it because people always think she's younger than she is.

Macaberz likes this.
  3. w176

w176 Contributor Contributor

My main characters often got the look you got on certain Monday mornings. Looking a bit to worn, a bit to tired, dark shadows around the eyes, having a bad hair day.

Another angle I often aim at with main characters is to give them a bit of ironic edge when it comes to appearances. For example, if i were writing high fantasy, and my character is this necromancers henchman and she got an battle horse. It a good well trained battle horse, black as night with an impressive name like "Death Dancer"

.... But the horse would be a bit on the plump side ("Hey, she likes her horse. Giving him a bit of extra oats every now and then is just human.")
    And every one that ever gotten a pet knows that most of them time the pets is called some silly nick name, because you never really get around calling a horse Death Dancer so the horse would most time be refereed to "Stuffed Sausage" (It was a bit on the plump side right?)

4. Elgaisma

Elgaisma Contributor Contributor

Socrates: (looks like John Barrowman) so basically tall around six foot two athletic build, blue eyes, dark hair. Clothes have varied as Crown Prince he wore a thigh-length Royal Blue tunic, with a silver falcon embroidered on the front. The trousers are black with a blue stripe down them and there is a white undershirt. He wears soft leather tie on boots, gold band crown, sword and long velvet cloak in navy blue with a silver lining. In my middle book he wears regular clothes but takes pride in his apperance. In my third book his uniform is that of a Father Abbot so black thigh length tunic, on the front is embroidered a gold swan, the trousers have a gold stipe and the cloak is black with gold lining.

His birdform Cobbley is a massive white mute swan.

Angus: 6ft10, built like a Behemoth. Long bubble curly hair, blue eyes (for most of my stories it is shoulder length). His uniform is the same as Socrates but with an emerald green tunic, with a flying gold falcon on the front. He has a crown and the cloak is dark green with green lining. At night by way of rebellion he has picked up the habit of wearing brightly coloured check Pjs (his favourite are pink, green and peach).

His birdform is Mayhem, the Great White Falcon - which is basically a Gyr Falcon but with peregrine falcon traits.

Nate: Is an odd one there are two Nate's he has an ability to project an image. Wears brightly coloured eye patches and hats. His clothes tend to be practical jeans, combats, jump suits, if he has to dress up the suit is smart but plain.

The other Nate that only his dad and lover get to see - wears gold spectacles, has dark intense eyes, quite sharp almost birdlike features. He is tall and strong but everyone sees him as short. (he is taller than Socrates) - later in life he wears the same Father Abbot uniform as Socrates except his has a gold peacock on the chest.

His birdform is Tarquil the white peacock which is currently my avatar.

At present I have pictures of actors that i think resemble my main characters on my profile.

5. Mallory

Mallory Contributor Contributor

Today is Monday morning. My eyeliner is smearing and my hair has the frizzies. Oh, and my cat's name is Betty and I call her Baby. (Technically she's my mom's cat, as where I live doesn't allow pets - still)

Not to derail the thread, but -- Girl, you are spot on.

Oh, and the horse thing is hilarious.

6. demented-tiger

demented-tiger New Member

Alexis Soliarous: average build, pale white skin, jet black hair; about 5'11". Wears black leather boots, khaki pants, a white shirt, black tie, a brown vest, a coat colored the same as his pants, and a small cap. On his right middle finger, he wears a signet ring signifying his status as the Crown Prince: a simple gold ring with a seal depicting a goddess holding a scale, flanked by two yellow diamonds.

Melissa Lucia: sleek, muscular build with obvious feminine curves, large bust, dark brown hair, light brown skin; about 5' 5". She kinda looks like a real-world Arab, Persian, or other Middle Easterner. Wears a simple, high collared brown dress with a white collar and sleeves, and black steel-toed boots with cleats on the soles. She carries an assortment of weapons hidden within the folds of her dress and among her petticoats.

Madison Nocternia: sleek, curvaceous body with a very large bust, tanned white skin, dark bluish-black hair tied in a high ponytail; about 5' 3". Wears a high collared purple dress with lace sleeves and collar and a blue ribbon, and black boots. Her hair is tied with purple ribbon. As a sign of her inborn telepathic and telekinetic powers, she wears a large ruby fixed to a silver diadem fixed upon her head with the ruby centered over her forehead.

7. SeverinR

SeverinR New Member

Tannan; pre-adult elf(about ready to enter as an apprentice)
    average build, slightly muscular(hobbies: bowhunting, practicing with his staff)
    brown hair, moderate tan skin, usually prefers green over tunics over gray.
    Has not needed armor, but he has practiced weapons in armor.
    After the beginning of the story, he tends to be a loner, heightened claustriphobia,
    even avoiding his parents. Sick twist, mind trick implanted into his mind that his parents were killed by orcs, but he knows this isn't true, but he forgets occasionally.
    Has a Coshee, called Mudspawn. One of the few living things that doesn't bother him.

8. Smoke

Smoke New Member

I go fairly broad-brush with my OC's.

Samantha is blonde-haired and blue-eyed. She's slender and short. Even though it's a Mary-Sue cliche and I'm trying to avoid it, Samantha shares my trait of being 26 and hard to externally distinguish from her 17-year old Sarah incarnation. (Do regular 30-somethings lack wrinkles?)

All of this is to contrast with a world were most adults are muscular and stocky. Her blonde hair darkens because it is rare among vampires of that world, and I was going to have the greenish cast be rare among amber-eyed vampires, but just having traces of blue isn't enough of a contrast once I decided another canon character had eyes that tended towards greenish yellow.

Her Sarah version alluded to being dressed in a catholic schoolgirl outfit, but her more recent Samantha version never mentions her clothing beyond being shredded. I picture her as wearing a business-length skirt, nylons, and a suit-blouse. The other characters aren't fashion-conscious enough to notice how strange she is dressed.

9. hawky94

hawky94 Active Member

Sergei Vassilev: Sergei has hazel eyes and short brown hair, often cut down to the wood - he's in the military. He's relatively tall and six foot nothing. He has a slim, but athletic build and is forever running - sometimes from bullets, other times just for fun.

10. hawky94

hawky94 Active Member

*relatively tall at six foot nothing.

11. Youniquee

Youniquee (◡‿◡✿) Contributor

Alexis Dewhurst: Wavy platinum blond hair, usually mistaken for white in the sunlight. Unnatural emerald eyes that brighten her face. She isn't too short nor too tall. Has a freckled nose and braces (which she hates) and slightly tanned skin.

Anieli Milonakis: Hair as black as coal and a angular face that's quite odd for a teenager guy of his age. Skin so pale that he's mistaken for being sick and striking yellow/golden eyes that when most people avoid eye contact. He's short for his race/age.

Jace Kanzantzakis: Pointy ears (can you guess what he is?) Messy chocolate brown hair, along with cerulean eyes full of innocence. On his right cheek, he has a 'climbing rose' plant, but his roses hasn't sprouted yet due to his loose relationship with the 'Gods'. He's tanned and mostly goes outside bare foot.

1 person likes this.
  12. Vamp_fan22

Vamp_fan22 New Member

Chris Riley has olive colored skin. He has shoulder length wavy black hair which he always wears in a messy ponytail. He's short for his age but is very thin. He has a lip ring and pierced ears. For a guy he has very full lips. His eyes are chocolate brown and heavily lidded. He has a very straight, narrow nose and high, angular cheekbones. He has lots of scars from being in fights and from his experiences as a Marine. He always wears a scarf and has a different one everyday

13. tristan.n

tristan.n Active Member

Raiden Holt has dark brown hair and big gray eyes, and she's a little on the short side. She's thin but not skinny, and her features are soft, which goes against her assertive personality.

Emery Watson is of average height, and he has an athletic build. He has pale olive skin (naturally a little darker but doesn't get much sun) and dark brown eyes, and his hair is very dark and always tidy and well kept. He has a classic charming look but a rather cold personality.

Kenji Hara has bright, piercing blue eyes and short, spiky hair. She likes to change her hair color often, but she's fond of platinum blond hair with hot pink patches all over. She is short and skinny and she has bold features. Everything about her screams "Look at me!" even though her job requires her to be a little more low-key. Raiden's assertiveness is nothing compared to Kenji's in-your-face attitude.

14. MLKerrick

MLKerrick New Member

Claude: Claude is exactly six feet tall, with thick blonde hair and hazel eyes. His expression is normally one of paternal wisdom and kindness. He has a lean frame (slightly muscled, but by no means intimidatingly so), with long hands and slender limbs. He doesn't have an age, really, given that he's an imaginary friend, but he looks close to 30 or mid-twenties. He wears a formal-looking suit and a black cape with a red inside, because Katrina was into vampires as a child. However, Claude is not a vampire.

Katrina Malcolm: She's a frightfully skinny seventeen-year-old girl due to her anorexia. She's of average height. Her skin is pale and her eyes are large and deep brown. Her face is heart-shaped due to her Widow's Peak, which sweeps down into long, thin, wavy, light-brown hair. She has a bony figure. Work is difficult for her because of the anorexia.

The Officer: Only a little taller than Claude, the Officer practically oozes authority, icy logic, and dominance. He's fond of his black trench coat. His hair is always tidy; never an iron-gray hair out of place. He carries a gun in his belt on a constant basis, and he keeps his enormous, bone-crushing hands in his pockets. His jaw is square and strong, his mouth is thin, and his eyes are dark blue.

15. LucifersAngel

LucifersAngel New Member

Characters in mind, haven't tweaked them enough or even decided if I want to keep them.

Trevor Hallis.
    Appearance: Tall, bulking with finely tuned muscle. Spiked black hair, charcoal wings. Likes to wear hoodies and jeans. Is always eating and is very fond of "Snicker doodles." (I'm not American, I just like the name. But can anyone tell me what they are!!?)

Kayle
    Appearance: Tendrils of black curly hair, framing a porcelain face. Black wings and likes to wear red. Relatively tall, starting to build a little muscle. Has extraordinary powers and is the best in her guild.

(New Name) Skyler.
    Occupation: Student/World savior (Although is very casual about it, preferring to reek teenage havoc on the town.)
    Appearance: Tall, medium golden blonde messy hair. Building muscle. Has a tattoo of a Flame covered Cross (Not in any relation with certain groups who like to burn crosses. Symbolizes his loss of faith) on his shoulder and wears a talisman. Has golden black wings. Likes to wear hoodies and sleeveless shirts. Recently got his nose and the top of his right ear pierced.
    Has incredible powers which he is known to abuse.

Dwayne Syckes
    Occupation: Student, an "almost psychic" and adviser to his best friend Skyler. Is turned into a Dragon, or "Were Dragon" according to Dwayne, due to Skyler.
    Appearance: Average height, dyed black long hair. Tanned skin and almond eyes. Arms and chest covered with various tattoos of Hindu religious symbols and some random symbols. Face covered in metal, and has various other piercings as well.
    Dragon appearance: Tall, scaly and blue. Skeletal wings, flaps of tissue between bones and a long spiked tail. Powers include producing ice breath and controlling ice and water.

Jade Blackthorne
    Appearance: Bottle top black glasses, long red hair and freckles. Short and chubby. Likes to wear plain clothes mostly dresses and is somewhat academically minded. Although is known to have a rebellious streak. Secretly envies her best friend Kayle for her looks and Kayle's boyfriend Skyler for his confidence. As a result tries to copy them.

Tyler
    Appearance: Tall and elegant. Elaborate hairstyles as well as an ever changing hair color. Held back in school (purposely) Likes to wear suits and is fond of history. Particularly of the 18th century and carries an old golden pocket watch.
    Has skeletal black wings, in sorry looking shape and jagged spiked teeth as well as claws.
    Age: Has no real age, spawning before human history, but looks 20.

16. Marranda

Marranda New Member

These are my main guys :)

Sabrina "Sabby" Endross:: Naturally pale porcelain complexion and no freckles. Straight, dark chocolate colored hair with straight thick front bangs. She usually cuts her hair in the summer and lets it grow throughout the year, so it's anywhere from chin length to lower shoulder blade length. Dark brown eyes that turn a bright sparkly Black when she's pissed or crying (she rarely cries). And when she's feeling homocidal, her eyes stay dark brown but 'glitter' with what everyone else would call Mischief. I haven't decided on her height, but it's somewhere between 5'6" and 5'8". Has a tattoo of a lucky charm behind her right ear in the hairline for concealment, and a pair of wings tattooed on the bottoms of her feet.

Warden Endross:: Looks just like the actor Sebastian Stan, but with a tall muscular build. He's got the same dark chocolate brown hair as his sister Sabby, but his is curly and riotous and always flopping into his eyes. He keeps it at a 'shaggy' length. And where his sister has dark brown eyes, Warden has dark green eyes with a dark blue ring around the outside of the irises. When he gets emotional, they turn bright apple green. He stands at 5'11" with an athletic swimmers build- Broad in the shoulders, narrow waist, and well developed arm muscles (he's a mechanic and always moving large car parts around). Has the same pale porcelain complexion as Sabby too, but had freckles that cross his nose and smatter around on his cheek bones. No tattoos- yet.

Austin "JB"/ "Bentley" Bentley:: Stands about 6'3", however always gives the impression of stockiness- thickly muscled but moves quick. Has a dark golden tan year-round (Lives in southern California), and dark blond hair. Sometimes dyes his hair as part of his job a medium brown, but usually is its natural dark, streaked with golden sunlight, blond color. Has watery blue-green eyes- watery because no one can ever tell if they're blue or green, or hazel, and they aren't a very vivid color either. Bentley has a tattoo of a glowing Virgin Mary with a rattle snake wrapped around her torso and she's holding a human heart- playing keep away with it from the snake- on his left forearm.

Taren Brooks:: Is short, and olive complected. 5'5". Has long wavy medium brown hair and light brown eyes with faint gold streaks. Has perfect straight teeth, and freckles on her face and shoulders. Kind of on the thin side, but hasn't encountered "Eat a cheeseburger" comments yet. Not to worry though, once she starts college that freshman 15 will hit the same time she has a late growth spurt and she'll fill out. Oh, and she has dimples- the regular girl-next-door is she :D Despite the cute dimples and fresh/young appearances, she's also very non-descript sometimes, making her hard to remember and/or notice.

Damien "Eve" Stone:: Is born Damien Stone, a natural brunette with icy blue eyes, and grows to be about 5'11-6'... But sometime later in mid-twenties gets breast implants, laser hair removal, adam's apple removal, and dyes hair platinum blond (thus becoming Eve) but maintains heterosexual preferences. As Damien, he has a book-ish appearance but Charm in spades. As Eve, he is a powerhouse (much like I envision a career-obsessed attorney), aggressively Woman and doesn't take s**t from anyone. He has a slight build though shoulders are a hair too broad to be femanine, he's overall what I call Svelte.
    **Damiens' sex change to become Eve is part of my plot, and the names I picked for him also go with the plot and his role in it. I mean no offense w/this character**

17. Lavender Soda

Lavender Soda New Member

Jamal Turon: He's a short and pale, rather chubby 14 year old boy with a blond mullet and brown eyes. He has a round, acne ridden face and his teeth are appalling. His hair is always greasy, for in his part of town, you would not want to use the water. The fat guy who is supposed to take care of him doesn't do a very good job, he doesn't even know the kid's name nor does he care. Jamal always wears the same clothes, a blue and white striped collar shirt, black shorts, and red shoes. Despite his awful home life and the fact no one really likes him, he is always happy and incredibly egocentric.

Togeth Simons: He is also quite a short 14 year old boy, but a bit taller than Jamal. He has extremely pale skin, white spiky hair, dark blue eyes, and is quite thin. He is very well kept and usually wears argyle sweater vests and khaki pants with brown dress shoes. He always has a blank expression on his face and never smiles nor speaks.

Darius Kaiser (aka Monge'genghis): He is a very tall and thin 13 year old alien boy. He has long dark brown "hair", yellow eyes, fangs, and claws. His skin is a brown/beige color. He wears a grey beret and has a maroon scarf wrapped around his mouth so only his eyes are visible. He wears glasses, for he does not have the best eyesight. He also wears a long sleeve brown shirt, blue bell-bottoms, and white sneakers to try to look as humanly as possible. Everyone falls for it, but they all know there's something very odd about him. Darius is always sort of trembling and twitching and very jumpy, his crash on earth has caused some nervous and mental problems.

Janet McCann: She is a tad bit of chubby 15 year old girl. She is rather tall for a girl and has rather tan skin. She has long, pink wavy hair and dark blue eyes. She is always wearing excessive amounts of makeup and large hoop earrings. Always changing her clothes, but every time, she wears some sort of pink and white outfit with red heels and a pearl necklace. She also has the most distinctive nose, a hawk-like nose. She always has a smug look on her face and she's quite flirty, usually with Darius although he's clearly revolted by her.

18. suddenly BANSHEES

suddenly BANSHEES Senior Member

Lavender Soda, your characters sound adorable as hell. Like whoa.

Robin: Fifteen years old, about 5' 3", with reddish-brown hair and dark eyes. He lives in New York City in the 1920s, and rocks the hell out of a dark grey newsie hat and sweatervest/tie combinations. A little on the scrawny side, he's got sharp, angular features and a noticeably crooked nose. People mistake him for being younger than he is, and don't take him very seriously, but that doesn't bother him. He's very observant, and tries to appear level-headed and on top of things, but has a tendency to jump to conclusions and get wound up over nothing.

Mae: About twenty years old, 6' 0", short blonde hair and light eyes. She's trying to ease into this new "flapper" trend, but being tall and broad-shouldered and not particularly feminine, it doesn't quite suit her. She has a permanently sleepy expression, and acts quite gentlemanly towards other women. Her father is rumored to be a Mafia boss, and she, his only child, may or may not be involved. She works as a secretary in an office building in the city, and tends to keep to herself.

Macaberz likes this.
  19. Lost_in_Thought

Lost_in_Thought New Member

I use to live in a Igloo, but it melted :)
    Nayon 'Evanay' Cor: A long mane of wavy midnight black hair that frames her freckled face with a light scar on the right cheek. Her eyes, most of the time are like lilac's in bloom, but when angered they become almost black as coal. These eyes are a sign of her demon heritage. Two long pointed ears pock there way though her mess of shiny locks, a odvious mark of being an elf. If you were to guess her age you would say 9 maybe even 10 but shes really only three months shy of being 13. Evanay is a elvish name meaning Shadows, this is the name a witch has given her, but because of the hatred of this witch she chooses to be called Nayon a dwarfish word for dreams or wishes.

Thane "Etavian" Dosivan: Everyone says he has the looks of a prince (which is true, his mother is the exiled princess of Navita) a copper mop top with a smooth clean shaven face. Has never known his father, but he knows that he's a demon by the fact he has red eyes. Can form into various objects because of this demon parent. Also has the power of fire. Tall for his age of 14 with a lean muscular built. Never smiles. The witch gave him the name Etavian which means fire starter in elvish. But he chooses to go by the name his mother gave him, the simple but worthy name of Thane.

20. obsidian_cicatrix

obsidian_cicatrix I ink, therefore I am. Contributor

Although this character started off as a secondary character, he's drilled his way into my noggin to the point where I consider him my main character, although he is not in fact the protagonist.

When we first meet Uli Skarsen, he is 21 or thereabouts, widely travelled. He has coffee coloured skin, due to his mother and father being from two distinctly different ethnic groups. He is completely devoid of body hair—his choice; he's good with a straight razor. His pupils are dark as ebony, the whites more yellow tinged than blue; his nose is slightly hooked. His ample lips, are slightly upturned, giving the impression that he is finding something amusing, even when his eyes give away the fact that, truly, he is not.

He is of medium build, carries no body fat. His travels exposed him to different cultures, and on one trip he made a decision to both tattoo and scarify his body. As a result both arms are tattooed, in heavy black diamonds, chevrons and wavy lines. One of the other characters remarks that the latter remind him of waves. (Uli at this point makes his living as a sailor) If you were to view him naked from the waist up, you would see symmetrical, thick black tendrils undulating up his abdomen finally tapering away around twin triskele on his chest. The untattooed areas have lines of scarified bumps that you could almost miss, unless you were to run your hands along them. In addition, the tops of his ears are pierced, and he wears several small silver rings in each. Round his wrists, he wears tooled leather cuffs, and a silver pendant on a leather thong hangs round his neck, the design strongly resembling the tattoos on his chest. His usual attire, more often than not, is a plain, off-white, sleeveless shirt, breeches that end just below his knees and a pair of sandals.

By the time we flip forwards 20 or so years, he looks quite strikingly different. He has the look of affluence about him. He has long, dark, slightly wavy hair, the top section of which, he ties back behind his head, secured by a silver clasp. Scattered throughout, are numerous small braids, woven through with silver thread and beaded at the ends. At his temples, grey hairs are evident. He now has moustaches, and a beard that extends below his chin by several inches. This too is braided in places and, is threaded and beaded to match.

From an aging perspective, he's aged well, although his pupils are not as deep as they once were. The once smooth, outer corners of his eyes now bear crows-feet, but if anything it just makes him look like he smiles a lot. Gone are the simple raiments of his youth, his clothing now needing to reflect the power of his position. He favours a black velvet, long-sleeved, fitted tunic which flares slightly from his hip and ends at the back of his knees. It is heavily embroidered down the front panels with the same tendril and triskele design, that permanently decorates the skin below. On his legs he wears tight leather breeches and knee length boots on his feet. His general appearance would give the impression that he is a vain man, which, in fact he is not. It is all for effect... his tunic design is his own way of reminding himself of his youth, and were he came from.

21. maskedhero

maskedhero Active Member

I leave most of my POV characters undescribed, purposefully. A few scant details- dark hair, big, muscular maybe...but other than that, not so much.

22. graphospasm

graphospasm Member

My main character’s name is Andrea, but everyone calls her “Andy.” She is 20 years old.

Height/Build: Andy is slightly taller than average at around 5’7. She’s athletically built with nice definition in her arms and legs but she’s not overly muscular or an obvious athlete.

Ethnicity: Andy’s mother is from Brazil; her father is Irish-American.

Hair: Andy wears her dark brown hair short; it’s straight and falls halfway down her neck in an angular bob. She tends to pull it back into a tiny stub of a ponytail at the base of her neck. Some strands will fall down around her face on occasion, looking scraggly and disheveled.

Coloring: Andy has dark brown hair that looks black until you see it under direct light. Her skin is naturally olive-toned. Her eyes are tawny, a pale yellow-brown that can look almost gold if she wears the right colors.

Body Language & Physical Habits: She tends to stand with a bit of a hunch and puts most of her weight on her left leg, which then cocks out her hip as a result. She moves quickly and with sharp motions, but these motions are paced far apart (she doesn't move often or waste motion, but when she does move she moves with a clear purpose and focused intention). She tends to keep her arms crossed; her eyes tend to dart around, taking in everything. She either scowls at the world or looks blank but for a sardonically amused quirk of the eyebrow and curled lips. She often blows pieces of hair that escape from her ponytail out of her face with a quick huff of air and cleans her fingernails in public. She has a habit of running her fingers through her ponytail to shove loose strands of hair back into place.

Facial Structure: Andy has an oval face with high cheekbones, a button nose, almond-shapes eyes, and a strong jaw and chin. She isn’t ugly but she isn’t pretty, either, walking the border between pleasant-looking and just plain plain. However—

Standout Traits: Andy has scars on her face as a result of a bad car accident. She has a line of white starting near the inside corner of her right eye; this line arches up, following the path of her eyebrow. The hair never grew back so Andy basically has a white eyebrow made of scar tissue that makes her look constantly incredulous. She has another long line of scar across the bridge of her nose; this continues onto her left cheek all the way to her temple. Another scar decorates the line of her jaw on her righthand side, and a final scar runs from the bottom of her chin to the corner of her lip. Before her accident, Andy used her general plainness to fly under the radar and stay unnoticed. The scars have made her less able to stand out in public; they draw the eye. Furthermore, Andy’s body is covered in similar scars. Her body is riddled with surgical steel pins and screws. She tends to wear long sleeves and jeans to cover us these markings.

Clothing/Style: Andy tends to wear a standard uniform of jeans and long-sleeved shirts. She’ll wear a tanktop if it’s hot, but she doesn’t like showing her scars and will stick to covering them if she can. She wears tennis shoes most days and hates wearing high heels with a passion. She keeps her hair simple and hasn’t bothered with makeup since her accident.

I make sure to think about my character's body language when I start writing them. This comes from my (limited) acting experience, where we find little body quirks and postures and styles of motion to make our characters come to life. I've transferred that technique to my writing; I feel it's really helped me differentiate my characters both in my head and on the page. :)

23. CharlesPenn

CharlesPenn New Member

A boy in most respects, but not a human, he is so much more than that. Tomerick is my main character, he comes from another world that is permeated with desert land, he is tanned because of this, but not much thanks to the city scapes shadows designed with the purpose of keeping them cool. Then there is his hair, not many of his kind has hair as long as his, it makes trudging through the sand and past the wind harder. Although plenty of others definitely have it as dark or even darker than his.
    Tomerick has deep set eyes tinted with a light blue, not quite full of experience yet but that will come with his long life, ten times as long as any human life. Tomerick's face reflects that of his fathers, a warriors face that always seems to be set in an un-welcomed deep anger that lies just beneath the skin. Then there are the swords, two swords that hang from his shawl on his back, long and sharp but unused because although Tomerick looks like a great warrior, he takes after his mother in regards to a peaceful personality.
    ---
    That's a description of one of my main characters.

24. Jack Asher

Jack Asher Banned Contributor

Like this.
    [​IMG]

25. xhawkeyex

xhawkeyex New Member

Ayanaa: Ayanna, my protagonist, at age 16, has long, autumn hair that gets dramatically lighter or darker throughout the year. She has green eyes. She is average height (story average of 5ft 8in) and is a bit skinnier than the story's female average (129 lbs). In the beginning of the story, her hair is down and she has to constantly pull it out of her face. She also wears simple shirts in the beginning as well. Near the middle of the story, she pulls her hair up in a ponytail wrapped by a braid and she wears a shirt that is laced in the back and partially on the arms. She always wears her leather jacket when it is cold outside, or when she is hunting.

Fleur: Fleur, Ayanna's younger sister at age 9 to 10(birthday), has golden hair, and golden eyes. She is about 4ft 8in tall and about 65lbs. Her hair is rather short in the beginning of the story, just above her shoulders, but grows much longer throughout the story. She usually wears a white shirt and sometimes a jacket over that. She often associates herself with flowers (hence her name) and sometimes wears them in her hair.