1. thatdifficultfirstnovel

thatdifficultfirstnovel New Member

Thought I'd post to say hello and offer up a little bit of information about myself.

I'm an English teacher by day, frustrated novelist by night. Have had the urge to create something grow over the past few years, and am looking for a spark of inspiration, which I'm sure this place will help with.

I completed NaNoWriMo last year, and have a few false starts on other 'novels', but nothing really concrete as such. I write two blogs which tend to take up my writing time, but will be looking to prioritise novel writing in the future.

2. DueNorth

DueNorth Senior Member

Welcome! Bet those kids give you plenty of material (or maybe especially thei parents).

3. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Welcome to the forum! I like your user name. :D

Here's our New Member Quick Start to get you started. I hope we'll be able to support you on the glorious, frustrating, awesome journey of writing The First Novel. You definitely aren't alone in your predicament.

See you around!

-Kat

4. thatdifficultfirstnovel

thatdifficultfirstnovel New Member

Yeah, not surprisingly. I also used to work in a betting shop, just for another glimpse of the sublime to the ridiculous.