1. Lilithmoon

Lilithmoon New Member

Any reason why I can no longer create new threads in the Writing Workshop?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Lilithmoon, Feb 7, 2012.

I was responding to some of my other threads when I thought I would post a new story I am having trouble getting right. But apparently I don't have permission to post new threads in any of the Writing Workshop genres anymore. Did I unwittingly do something to get them revoked?

2. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Hi Lilithmoon

It's a known problem, to do with a bug in the requirements software. We're working to get it fixed, but it's proving a little more difficult than we'd anticipated. I don't see how it could be something you've done.

What I would say is that the problem is intermittent. If you try again at a different time, you might have more luck with it. I hope that helps.

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I haven't counted your posts, but you have a LOT of threads in the Writing Workshop. You are required to post at least two constructive critiques for EACH thread you wish to create in the Writing Workshop.

The forum software does count your posts and new threads in the Writing Workshop. It doesn't know how to check whether they are constructive, but the moderators can, and will close Workshop threads if you haven't posted sufficient constructive critiques. The forum software will prevent ypu from creating threads there if you don't have enough critiques, constructive or not.

So you should make sure you do have enough constructive critiques to create new threads. Otherwise, it will catch up with you eventually.

4. Lilithmoon

Lilithmoon New Member

I always make sure I do at least two in-depth reviews before attempting to post any of my own work for critique so I am certain that can't be the reason. Thank you for the reminder however.

5. Dagolas

Dagolas Banned

OH!
    So you need to critique 2 stories to post...

Ok! Then I shall get off my butt and get critiquing.

6. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Two constructive posts per each piece of your own work that you wish to post.

In addition to the general requirements, of being a member for at least 14 days and having made 20 posts on the site overall (excluding posts in Word Games).

7. Dagolas

Dagolas Banned

Oh ok, so the two (constructive replies?) are done, the 2 posts too.

Now to wait 12 days :p

8. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Please do NOT post to thie thread if you have not read the posts in the Important Information panel on the home page.

It isn't called that on a whim.