?

This offends me?

Poll closed Mar 14, 2017.
  1. Yes, please remove

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Nah, satire is protected speech

100.0%
  3. Ummm... no, but it breaks more than grammar rules. See forum rules.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. GaleSkies

GaleSkies Active Member

Police V.S. N*zi (an alternative fact grammar campaign)

Discussion in 'Word games' started by GaleSkies, Mar 7, 2017.

Hi everyone,

In these troubling times where words don't mean what they say, lies get twisted just enough to avoid perjury somehow crying that the intention somehow justify their delivery, I would like to call my bretheren and sisteren and nonbineren to arms. Just as in the days of yore the writer's greatest weapon is still satire. While the times have changed leading sarcasm and meme to the forefront, I would like to suggest a return to form like that of Jonathan Swift's "A Modest Proposal"

This will be a devicive topic and a fun game resulting in a storm of memes across social media platforms.**

Here are the rules:

Pick a side, Nazi or Police.

Think of something a Nazi, or a Policeman would say and change it a little so it is about writing or spelling or language.

The more puns, the better. The more hyperbole, the better. The more satire, the better.

Post it here.

But Gale... what's the difference between a grammar nazi and a grammar cop? It's the same as the difference between "real nazis" and "white nationalists"

But for fun... let's give some solid definitions for this game.

Grammar Nazi: Believes in the purity of language. Words should mean what they say. The origin of the word is its purest form. Punctuation is utilitarian, and excess words are the scum of society that should be culled.

Grammar Police: Believes in a well regulated and organized language. Words should mean what the context implies. Popular usage is the most important definition. Punctuation can and should be used for clarity and more words do not mean more complex ideas, they only further mask the already thinly veiled intentions of any original statement.

Still don't quite get it? Here are some examples:

Grammar Police:

You have the right to repost silence. Anything you write can and will be used against you in a court of twitter. *galeskies*

Ebonics and Frisk worked in New York. We should implement Slang and Bang here even if it is unconscientionable *galeskies*

Grammar Nazi:

I before E except after CC
    Immigration Enforcement Corruption of the Constitution *galeskies*

To avoid writing in the passive voice ONE SHOULD SHOUT AGGRESIVELY.

**If you would like credit for the meme that results from your idea place the name desired between two asterisks at the end of your post. Any posts without a name between asterisks will be considered uncredited/anonymous. As this is a brainstorming game if you see a better way to phrase the same sentiment, even a single word's difference will be your own. Used posts will be quoted and linked.

As I am neither anti-cop nor anti-grammar, I will be posting grammar satire on prominent alt right white nationalists side by side with WWII Germany images without swastikas or uniforms and asking if people can tell the difference.

The campaign will end with a free form poetry message about the history of language and not repeating the actual mistakes of history.

2. GaleSkies

GaleSkies Active Member

Hmmm maybe I'll change that top one...

You have a right to re: media silence. Anything you write can and will be used against you in a court of twitter.