1. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Links To Critique Guides

Discussion in 'Revision and Editing' started by Torana, Sep 27, 2007.

Ok well some time ago now I found these links and had them posted up around the forum in appropriate areas.
    I felt that I would post them up here so that everyone could find them more easily. These links take you to various sites that I have come across that give some ideas and information on critique. It gives basic over views of how one can offer critique to various different areas of writing.

I hope to add to this rather small list as time goes on. Also if anyone else has any sites or links they can add to this list feel free to do so. On the provisor that they are to sites where it holds information on critique.

Hardcore Critique Guidelines - for short stories and novels.

http://www.poetrymagic.co.uk/critiquing.html - for poetry

http://songwriting.songstuff.com/articles.php?selected=136 - for lyrics

Hope that these sites can be of help to someone.

Thank you kindly

Torana

2. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Also here are some links that were provided by adamant in the short story creation thread that I thought I would move over here as well.

Many articles that can direct an author to heavenly bliss:
    Fiction Factor - Writing Articles Index

Helpful information on scenes and sequels (of a different kind):
    Jim's Livejournal.

Rants to shy the beginning fantasy writer away from the cliche and other blunders:
    Limyaael's Rants: Master List (All Rants)

The same as above, but there are some newer essays -- though you'll have to filter through the posts:
    Arin i Asolde

As this site is largely unfinished, I've given specific links:
    Tameri (Descriptions)
    Tameri (Sentences)
    Tameri (Paragraphs)
    Tameri (Plot and Story)
    Tameri (Dialogue)
    Tameri (Conflict)
    Tameri (Tips)

Podcasts dealing with characterization and world building (amongst other things). Look for the episode to find show notes -- you can also find the episodes for free on iTunes:
    Shakespeare & Dragons

Helpful hints for automatic grammar and style editing in Microsoft Word. There is also information pertaining to setting your default language on a Windows computer:
    Microsoft Word

<all these links are courtesy of adamant>