1. Robert_S

Robert_S Senior Member

Storylines

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Robert_S, Apr 17, 2014.

Ok, since I've moved my story from movie script to graphic novel, I have more freedom on it. I'm still scripting it (comic style), but I'll have less of the Hollywood ideas of story craft with regard to presentation pressing down. So, now I'm opening up story lines I originally scrapped or didn't consider before.

I'm dividing the story lines by characters or character entities. By character entities, I mean groups as opposed to individuals.

I'm treating society as a character entity. However, I have news/op-ed types as a part of society and I'm wondering if I should spin off the media and op-ed types (Fox News, Bill O'Rielly, Glen Beck, etc as example only) into their own character identity.

Figuring in the story, the news is controlled solely by corporate and political leadership as a means of putting out what the leadership wants society to know and believe. The media is a relay for political and corporate interests, but they sit somewhere between society and the leadership.

Do you think it would be worth the trouble to make news/op-eds a separate character entity?

2. peachalulu

peachalulu Member Reviewer Contributor

Maybe if it's kinda like Big Brother.

3. Robert_S

Robert_S Senior Member

In a way, it is. However, big brother was more overt in 1984. I'm trying to make this more hidden, but just as effective.

4. peachalulu

peachalulu Member Reviewer Contributor

I'd think of it as a character then, maybe a minor one though.