1. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed

Hello from a darker place....

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Iain Aschendale, Feb 12, 2015.

Hello all, Iain here, writing, as my sister calls it, "from a darker place." Most of my work to date has been horror flash fiction, and quite a bit of it deals with the evil that humanity does to itself, rather than ghosts and ghouls and such.

That having been said, I started work on a piece based on a prompt that has turned into a gargantuan (for me, the flash writer) 4600+ word... romance? So it seems I may have been unfairly limiting myself, both in terms of content and length. How to write? Talk to other people who do, get their critiques and suggestions, try and give your own.

So here I am, let's see what this forum and I can do for each other. I teach English as a Foreign Language, so one thing I can do is edit your beautifully crafted story into a series of 5-8 sentence paragraphs with good topic, major supporting, minor supporting, and concluding sentences, with the added bonus of removing all the passion and originality.....:p Just kidding, but helping non-native speakers of English is my day job, so that's one area that I might be able to lend a hand in.

Anyway, glad to be hear, read the rules, time to get critiquing and such.

-Iain

zoupskim and GingerCoffee like this.
  2. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

Hi, Iain, and welcome to the forum! You say you've read the rules, but I would be remiss if I didn't point you to our New Member Quick Start Guide - it'll get you going around here.

This is a great forum for writers in all forms and all genres - horror flash-fiction will fit right in here! Participate and have fun!

3. CrowOfCalamity

CrowOfCalamity Member

Welcome To The Forums!

It's always cool to see a new face.

I'm also a fellow who rights from a darker place. Ghosts and ghouls don't appeal to me as well, aspects of humanity, good and evil is far more intriguing. A few years ago, I wrote a short story about a cannibalistic boy who ate his Mother, a way of getting back at her for abuse. In the future I might right a novel about it. As of right now my story doesn't hold a horror theme, more of fantasy, adventure theme but it still holds the grotesque scenes that I always love writing.

Anyways, it's always good to meet someone who has similar tastes. I'm always up for a conversation about that darker place we both seem to share. :twisted:

4. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Hi, welcome to the forum. Sounds like fun stuff.

5. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Welcome to the forum! :D I love horror and dislike romance, so maybe one day I end up writing a romance as well. :p

6. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Welcome.