1. leafmould

leafmould New Member

A useful resource on poetry basics....

Discussion in 'The Craft of Writing Poetry' started by leafmould, Nov 18, 2011.

Professor Flare has three documents up on Deviant Art, on the left side of his page - all to do with meter, rhythm, scansion and the like:

http://professor-flare.deviantart.com

1 person likes this.
  2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

what makes him a poetry guru?... according to his own words on his blogsite, though he claims to be 'an editor' he also says he's only a 'student' at a california university...

which is not to say he doesn't provide helpful info on the art of writing poetry, as a quick look at the bits on meter and scansion seems to show that he does... it just seems odd to find only this one page from 5 years ago offering a course, but with no responses to posted comments, or anything added since then... in fact, the promised, 'in progress' lesson 3 was never posted...

a mystery?

3. rainshine

rainshine New Member

Thanks thats really helpful, I am reading poetry for the first time and I am overawed with it. It calms my soul, I didn't know I really didn't I have missed out on so much.