Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattergrey

mattergrey New Member

Question about wholesalers/venders and the major publishers?

Discussion in 'Traditional Publishing' started by mattergrey, Aug 7, 2011.

Hallo fellow scribes,
    I have a unique publishing problem. I need to do end run around the major publishers. The reasons why are unimportant at this point. I am a professional writer (just not a literary writer till now.) I tried to get information from Barnes and Noble's web site; but, was unable to download a pdf on venders. I am looking to get a pod account with small publisher and do the PR myself. This will only be good to prove the book has legs. At some point, the small publisher won't able to handle the international traffic or be able to get the book on selves in book stores.

Does anyone know about industry practices for vendors or wholesalers to the major publishers. For example, does Amazon do click through deals with vendors or let wholesalers ship a book from their warehouse? Does Amazon or other majors do listings for other publishers? I would really appreciate any advice on this subject.

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I'm sorry, but this site does not permit vendor/provider endorsements or feature comparisons. You will have to do your research through other channels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.