1. tarynalicia

tarynalicia New Member

Hey There Writing World!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by tarynalicia, Sep 24, 2013.

Hey!! I saw there was an introduction thread and I (obviously) felt the need to introduce myself!

My name is Taryn and I am an almost five year post-grad in Media Studies - focus on Journalism. I've always wanted to be a writer since I was a child and journalism seemed to be the more obvious choice when I was in high school. While I had tremendous experiences while in school, it's since dwindled and I am now stuck working part-time at a retail store while still living at home (I'm 27 by the way).

I've always (and I mean ALWAYS) have had a love for the imaginary, stories, reading, fictional TV and movies since as far back as I can remember. I wasn't a very active child as I preferred to get lost in the land of anything other than real life. I was reading four or five levels higher than my grade level as a child and was always on top during our spelling quizzes. I've always wanted to create a story that someone else could become engrossed in - which is why I decided to join this forum here.

I'm the type who needs a lot of feedback in order to feel like I'm going in the right direction. I always question and judge my writing before anybody else has had a chance to read it and it's holding me back. I've had countless people tell my my writing is great but I just don't see it!

Anyways, I hope to be a semi-regular on this site (work is still important sadly) so I look forward to participating in discussions and if anybody ever wants something edited, I've been told I'm a pretty good editor!

Talk to you later!

GingerCoffee likes this.
  2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Welcome, Taryn. :)

Here's your official mod welcome. *hands you little book* Forum Rules, for ensuring an auspicious start to things. Standard stuff, but have a look. Important bits concerning requirements for posting in the Writing Workshop are as follows:

2 weeks of membership
    20 posts anywhere in the forum
    2 constructive critiques of items already in the Workshop

Have the fun. ;)
    Wrey

tarynalicia likes this.
  3. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Hi, welcome to the forum. If you feel like editing, visit the writer's workshop from time to time. It's also the place you can post your own stuff too.

tarynalicia likes this.
  4. CharlesPenn

CharlesPenn New Member

Hey welcome, I'm pretty new here too.

It seems to me that a lot of writers don't think their writing is good enough, but I'm sure if you post a few things here for a review you can quickly get your mind changed about that ^^ - and if not, you can always get advice on how to improve! #

Win-Win.

tarynalicia likes this.
  5. Arannir

Arannir Active Member

Hey, welcome. I new-ish. It'd be great to see you round here.
    Arannir

6. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Welcome, welcome!! You're going to love it alot here. I know I do. The few pieces I've posted I've always gotten great critiques on. And everyone is usually really friendly when they give constructive criticism. I frequent the RPG section and poetry corner of the forum. Come check them out!

7. Carolengine

Carolengine New Member

Welcome!