Tags:
  1. ArckAngel

ArckAngel New Member

It's started...

Discussion in 'Scripts and screenplays' started by ArckAngel, Jun 11, 2008.

It's a scary idea isn't it? I've taken part in 'forum role plays' before, but never taken the time to sit down and actually write something on my own. I've always wanted to, but theres that fear isn't there? I assume everybody has it. They have a story, a concept, a character, a SOMETHING that they love. And you are afraid that you simply aren't good enough to do that thing you love justice. Maybe it's just jitters of an armature who wishes to finally proceed into the realm of writing. I've been thinking over my story concept for years now and I've finally just sat down and started typing it. I have no clue why, I wasn't overly motivated or inspired, I just did it. Mayhaps it's fate.

Well, I suppose this was only here to expel some of that fear that I have. You all feel it too, don't you? You have been through this right?

2. Marloy

Marloy New Member

So, what you're saying is that you have had a story lingering in the back of your head for a while now and you've just mustered the confidence to write it, but you're afraid of what will come of it, or what people will view it as?

That's what it sounds like you're saying anyway. But in terms of not knowing whether you will do the "thing you love" justice, I know exactly what it feels like. I find sometimes that I don't want to write something because I don't think it will come out right or that I won't be able to be the type of storyteller I'm trying to be. Sometimes I drop writing it altogether, no matter how deep I've gotten in and start all over again (I've done that more than I can remember).

I think everyone reaches the point you're talking about at some time. It's perfectly natural to think ill of your work or be afraid, else where would the improvement come and when would you learn? I find the only thing I can do is keep working and keep doing it, because if I didn't I wouldn't even have been willing to write a report when I was in middle school English class. :p