1. Bewitched

Bewitched Banned

The Magisters

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Bewitched, May 2, 2013.

The Magisters

The history of magic was lost and the strangeness of the world forgotten. But the Magisters still remain - humans born with strange gifts and living tattoos. They don't know their noble bloodlines and they have no clue where their powers come from, or even how many of them there are. The public knows about Magisters, it isn't a huge secret - some of them even work of the Government - but very few of them have any useful Affinities. Some can move large buildings with their minds, while others can only levitate a couple inches off the ground. That was just the way it was.

And so it went that on a winter morning in January, 2013, the world came to an end. The sky ripped open and monstrous creatures - Daemons - poured out in the millions, invading the town of Crownsford. The Army came but Daemons overwhelmed them within minutes. In one hour Crownsford had been reduced to ruins and the humans there were mostly wiped out. The survivors barracaded themselves in their basements and bomb shelters, away from the Daemons. They had seen horrors that no one should have to live through. The Daemons spread outward from Crownsford and it seemed that no force in the world could stop them...

Then time reset itself. It was morning once again and people were going to work, jogging at the park, going out for coffee. No one remembered the devastating invasion of Daemons in their pleasant little town. No one remembered, except the Magisters. They could recall every minute of it, and it haunted their every waking hour. What had happened? Had they seen a glimpse of the near future? Were the Daemons going to come back again, or was the crisis averted? They did not have the answers to their questions.

But they do know one thing - it was only a matter of time.

Plot: You are a Magister and you have received an invitation in the post mail to Tower and Hall Academy. It is a co-ed boarding school for Magisters only, the very first of its kind. It was the gossip of the town - someone had moved into the old medieval manor at the edge of the cliff that has been dormant for years. You feel strangely drawn to the manor and you accept the invitation, if only to see if you can get some answers. The story begins as you arrive at the gates of the manor for your first day of school with your luggage at hand - and the inscription on the gate reads thusly: "Magick Lives Here"...

Magister Physiology: Magisters look like regular people, except for their eyes - they are known for having oddly colored irises. Every Magister is born with a small tribal tattoo that grows as they age, forming intricate designs all over their body. (Everyone in the RP will begin the game with a small tattoo and it will grow as the game progresses.) The tattoo can be anywhere on their body, be it their face, their neck or wherever. Each Magister has a magical gift, or Affinity. The most common Affinities are for a specific Element (Air, Fire, Water, Earth), command of the weather, a kinship with beasts or healing illnesses.

Every time a Magister uses their Affinity, it costs them some of their own energy. Excessive use of magic can lead to nosebleeds, nasty headaches and (in extreme cases) death. During gameplay, a Magister begins every match with 100% health and 60 energy points. Every time the Magister uses their Affinity it takes away from their energy points. A Normal use of your power will take 15pts and a Large use of power will take 25pts. When constructing your Character Templates, you will have to name your Affinity and three abilities you can do with that Affinity. You must have two Normal abilties and one Large - as the game progresses you will have chances to create new abilities by gaining experience. Everyone begins the game with 50 experience points and will be rewarded 50 more for every challenge they participate in. Every time your number doubles, you gain a new ability - 50 to 100, 100 to 200, 200 to 400, and so on.

(Example: An Affinity could be Telekinesis - moving objects with your mind - and a Normal use would be moving small objects and a Large use would be demolishing a brick wall.)

Races:

Human race: Mortals with no magical potential.

Magister/Magistrix: Humans born with living tattoos and a magical Affinity.

Faerie: Creatures of magic known for their attractive features and strong psychic abilities.

Daemons: Creatures of chaos known for their blood-lust and Affinity for the element fire.

Angels: Beings of light that live to protect the weak, deliver judgement to sinners and maintain the natural balance.

Werecats: Little is none about these small shapeshifters, except that they never grow taller than a small child and they can change into felines at will.

Character Templates: (Please PM your templates to the GM for approval before posting in the discussion thread)

Name:

Age(15-17):

Affinity:

List of Attacks:
    Normal:
    Normal:
    Large:

Appearance:

Personality traits:

Other:

Rules: Do not control other players, no excessive bad language, follow the guidelines, try to post at least a paragraph in each post, remember to include your energy and health percentage in bold during challenges.

2. losthawken

losthawken Author J. Aurel Guay Role Play Moderator Contributor

Approved.

3. Bewitched

Bewitched Banned

Chapter One: The Book of Magic​

[​IMG]

Teodorie Highborn came from a long line of Magisters. She had traced her lineage back to the Witch of Endor, the Magistrix that summoned ghosts for kings and taught all the most legendary Magisters in history. She had always aspired to be like her ancestress and mentor the next generation of Magisters, to restore magic to its old, forgotten glory. She certainly had enough knowledge: her library was the largest collection of magical tomes in perhaps the entire world. But, she could never seem to find the time between her studies and the Historie of Magicke that she was writing.

But after the events of the Daemon Apocalypse, Teodorie suddenly felt obliged to finally open up a magic school.

She had inherited an manor in Crownsford from her deceased great-uncle, but had never visited the property - all she knew about it was that it was called Tower and Hall, for the huge house and the square tower that jutted from the main building. She set up shop with the help of her loyal assistant and prepared everything for her new students. She looked through hundreds of hospital records at the town hall and sent out invitations to anyone who was born with a tattoo. Her choices were limited to adolescent teenagers, but she did not let that dissuade her. This was too important, the most crucial thing she had ever done in her entire life.

The Apocalypse had to be prevented from happening again, at all costs.

And so, Teodorie stood on the wide, shady porch of Tower and Hall, waiting for the pupils to arrive.

1 person likes this.
  4. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Tori Esper

Small bare feet trotted across greasy pavement. Then they reached a hot sidewalk, which wasn't that hot to someone who had thick callouses on their feet, as Tori did. Her feet then found a patch of cool grass and she followed that for a while as well.
    "Tori, you're wandering off again!" A woman's voice called in annoyance. Tori sighed, popped the piece of bubble gum in her mouth, and found her way back to her mother's side. A set of vibrations in front of her helped her see a fire-hydrant in her path. She moved to the side to avoid it. "They should make road signs in braille...on the ground." Tori complained. "Then I'd be able to find this Tower and Hall all by myself."
    "Well if you hadn't insisted on parking 3 blocks away, maybe we could be there by now and you wouldn't have to worry about getting lost."
    "Gah. Driving is boring. Sides, you need the exercise." Tori said cheekily in reference to her mother's overly large waist. She shifted the neon green bag on her shoulder. Her shirt was black and said, "Your mama is so ugly she makes blind people cry." To accentuate that she was wearing bright blue jeans. Whenever her mother complained about her horrible fashion sense she always replied "You don't like it...make like a blind person and don't see."
    Though secretly the whole reason for the awful mismatched items was so that people wouldn't stare at her clouded eyes.

Tori could hear her mother fuming over the last statement. She felt slightly bad but not enough to apologize. Finally they reached the address on her invitation. She danced up the steps and straight towards the person standing on the porch. Her mom huffed and puffed up the last few steps. Completely exhausted. Tori wouldn't be surprised if she called a cab to take her back to her car. "Finally." Her mother groaned.
    Tori held out the invitation she had received. "I got this...so here I am." She smiled proudly, though the smile was aimed at the person's waist since she couldn't tell where their face was.
    "Lord help you with this child." Mom waved a hand at the woman. "I hope you know what you're getting into. God knows I didn't."

5. Bewitched

Bewitched Banned

Teodorie

"Lord help you with this child." Mom waved a hand at the woman. "I hope you know what you're getting into. God knows I didn't."

Teodorie gave them a hesitant smile and blinked with confusion. "Oh, I doubt she will give any trouble, she's so cute!" She beamed at the girl, smile lines crinkling at the corners of her eyes which were a bright, luminescent shade of green. "I like your purse, young lady, it's very bright..." Teodorie stuck out her hand for Tori to shake, when she saw her eyes. For the first time, the schoolmistress noticed Tori's cloudy, gold colored gaze. A tiny, "Oh..." escaped her mouth and her smile faltered, but she quickly regained her composure - she let her hand drop to her side.

"I do hope the others will be along shortly," Teodorie said, pushing her spectacles up her nose and smiling.

6. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Nova Cartwright

A red dress swirled around pale ankles tied down by strappy heels, and eyes turned to stare at the model-like figure of a sixteen-year-old Caucasian with her medium-length black hair flowing in the breeze.

Hmph. It's like they've seen something come to life from a magazine, Nova thought with a hint of disdain, and her hand went up to stroke the length of a fluffy black scarf/boa around her neck. Only it's not a scarf, one would find as a rumbling purr begins to rub at her pale throat. Amber eyes open, and the scarf reveals itself to be a cat. A cat that has been horribly flattened and elongated until it is only two inches thick and rectangular.

"Who's a pretty boy, huh Farrow?" Nova trilled, adjusting her feline's languid posture just a bit as the animal yawns, lifting a flat, square head to peer around with bored eyes.

"Hmm . . . wonder why I'm invited to this . . ." Nova looked up as she turned a corner and faltered for a moment as she saw the mansion reaching into the sky just ahead. Her face paled and the crescent moon tattoo on her collarbone swirled with moving roses, the thorns shifting and coiling like a serpent confined within the narrow scythe of black that rested upon her chest, "school . . ."

Farrow mrrowed and dug his claws into her shoulder, snapping Nova out of her reverie, and she swallowed, revealing a moment of panic before striding towards the three women grouped at the entrance to the building.

"Hello? I'm Nova Cartwright. This is Farrow, and I believe I am going to be a student here if i am correct?" she asked, and Farrow purred, slithering around her neck like a fluffy serpent until he settled in a more comfortable position, glaring at everyone with jewel-like eyes.

7. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Gracelyn Rae

Fear. That was what Gracelyn felt as she stood, luggage in hand and feet glued to the sidewalk.

"It will be good for you, sweetheart. You'll meet all kinds of new friends just like you!" Her mother had said in that convincing tone of hers. Yeah right. Friends that would call her Ginger at first sight? Friends that would laugh in her face? Friends that would take advantage of her kindness? Nope, friendship wasn't for her and being forced into one was guaranteed to be awful. Completely awful...like a soap opera.

Gracie sighed as she took another small step closer to her fate. Why hadn't Mom listened, and why had she dropped her off with nothing but a 'have fun'?

Probably so that she wouldn't have to handle the waterworks. At the thought, Gracie sniffed. She was being abandoned, left to be with strangers! To live and learn with them. How could Mom be so heartless and cruel to make her go?

Gracie swallowed hard as the manor's high rooftop hovered above the trees. She could only imagine how horrible it was going to be; everyone was going to hate her, she just knew it. The girls would be prettier. The guys wouldn't notice her. The teachers would be intolerable. She was going to die of embarrassment.

Gracie had half a mind to run, to not show up at all. But if she did, she'd be wandering the streets alone and someone might try to kidnap her, or worse.

No, she knew she must go. She hadn't a choice, which was even more terrible, like a death sentence! Gracie clenched her teeth and turned in the gate, her pale yellow sundress blowing in her wake. Her breath quickened, her heart felt heavier, and her cheeks reddened as she slowly walked near the small group that had gathered. Maybe if she didn't say anything, they wouldn't either. It'd be better that way.

8. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

Lyle Margrave

So this was the place? he pondered as he walked up the sidewalk. There was a girl in a red dress, and another girl with blindingly bright clothes who looked like something out of a homecoming week clash day parade. Lyle liked color, after all, it was just light reflected off of a surface, but there were certain colors that just weren't good together.

The girl with the red dress was pretty, he supposed, but she had the bearing of someone who knew it. And she had a cat, and as far as Lyle was concerned, cats were creatures of darkness and he tried to avoid them at all costs. Besides that, he was fairly certain he was allergic to them, (but that might have just been hypochondria.)

No one had notices him yet, that was good, that was the way he liked it. The less that people saw of him, the less they tried to bother him. And the less that they tried to bother him, the less that he had to try to avoid them. And the less that he had to try to avoid them, the less that he was forced into places he didn't want to go, generally dark places.

Lyle did not like the dark, not one bit. It was to him what heat is to ice, what acid is to alkali, what vegetables are to little children: Bad. Plain and simple, it was something that to him, was bad. And so he hoped that this school had rooms with windows, and that there would be an outlet or seven for him to plug in his lights. But mostly, and over all, he hoped that this school wasn't dark, dark in it's soul. There were places, and people that were dark in their heart of hearts, and there was nothing that anyone could ever do to bring any light into that. He had known people like that, and they were wicked.

But, he had no where else to go right now, except back were he came from, and he didn't want to go back there, not unless he had to. And this was as good a place as any to go for the time, he assumed.

He just hoped that it wasn't dark.

Hoped to whatever power there was above, that this place was not dark.

"Hello," he said suddenly, seeming to appear out of thin air at the foot of the porch. "I received an invitation here, and I have arrived. Is there a place I can put my things, I would prefer a room with windows..."

9. Bewitched

Bewitched Banned

Teodorie

"Hello? I'm Nova Cartwright. This is Farrow, and I believe I am going to be a student here if i am correct?"

Teodorie nodded politely. "Yes, you can be a student here. But I must ask you - because my assistant is very sensitive about these things - how is your pet with other animals, pray tell? Does, um, Farrow, get along well with others?" She leaned forward squinting closely at the strange flat cat. "Hm, he is an oddity, very fascinating..." She reached out to pat it, but stopped herself at the last moment, thinking better of it.

"I will make a record of your pet in my book as son as we get inside," Teodorie announced. Her green eyes sparkled with intellectual curiousity.

"Hello," he said suddenly, seeming to appear out of thin air at the foot of the porch. "I received an invitation here, and I have arrived. Is there a place I can put my things, I would prefer a room with windows..."

When the other boy popped up, Teodorie flinched and then chuckled. "Isn't that a wonderful ability! Do you manipulate light, or are you some kind of teleporter?" Then she shooked her head. "I'm sorry, curiousity will be the death of me, ha!" She opened her arms graciously. "Everyone, I am Teodorie Highborn, your schoolmistress at Tower and Hall. Allow me to invite you inside for tea and cookies..."

Then next moment, Teodorie swept open the oaken front doors of the old house. Two servants were waiting by the grand staircase and they stepped forward to take their luggage. Upon closer inspection, the servants were twins - two pretty women with eyes as pale as ice. Teodorie introduced them simply as "the Twins". Once they were all seated around a circular table in the tea room, a long wood-paneled room, Teodorie poured drinks and passed around a tin of frosted cookies.

"Firstly, I would like to talk about the Apocalypse," Teodorie said bluntly, sipping her tea.

10. SocksFox

SocksFox Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2023

Miri Tremaine: Adrift

Miri collapsed the large black umbrella she had used to protect her complexion as she reached the shaded safety of the porch. Dratted sunlight, it was too bright and harsh. How she missed the shrouded moors and glens of her beloved Isles. The sea didn't whisper here, the mist didn't kiss her cheek, the rain was no longer a jewelled spangling in her silvery crown of hair.

Damn her father. Sven Tremaine followed her up the steps, her trunks held lightly between his enormous, capable hands. He was the source of her ethereal Norse coloring, but that was all she had inherited from her Viking built sire. She was as delicate as he was massive, and he didn't understand her in the least.

Why did you have to go, Mama? Why? It was the question she had screamed out in the heart of the raging storm the night her mother passed. Why had she written to him? The shadowy figure who had never known of her existence until that blasted letter arrive at his door. She had been just fine with her mother in the remote manor house they shared. No one had known her secret, her Affinity. Home schooled, with a doting parent to indulge her passions, she had been shielded from much of the world. Until hers had come crashing down around her ears.

The full skirt of her sundress billowed playfully in the breeze, at odds with Miri's frozen expression as she reached for the door knob. Her father set her trunks down with a muffled thump and blotted his forehead with a sleeve. "You know this is for the best, Miri. I couldn't leave you alone in that house, not with you mother gone. There are others like you here. It's long past time you saw more of the world than just that of the Isles."

Miri turned away, her thin shoulders shaking. She would not let him see her cry. The salt of the suppressed tears stung as badly as an open wound, but she fought for control. She found it in an icy rush. "That's your opinion. You never asked me what I might want."

"You're barely fifteen, sprite." He said with an infuriating superiority. "You don't know what you want."

"Says you..." she muttered under her breath as she pushed the door open, and closed just as quickly with a decisive snap, leaving Sven staring after her, completely at a loss.

Depositing her umbrella in a nearby stand, Miri pulled a folded card out of the pocket of her sundress. Her leather ballet flats were soundless on the floorboards as she followed a trickle of voices down the hall. Quiet as a wraith she slipped through the door and into a vacant chair. Her eyes, currently stormy grey, were wide and owlish, taking in those about her, measuring each...pondering. Was this the right choice?

With delicate, deliberation she drew a thin string of tea out of the steaming pot and into her waiting cup, snagging a butterscotch cookie with the aromatic little lash as she did so. Content for the moment, she settled in to listen.

"Firstly, I would like to talk about the Apocalypse," Teodorie said bluntly, sipping her tea.

11. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

The girl without life

How abrupt would be to begin this tale describing the girl.

She was mid-tall, the exact height unknown, but that can be solved easily... not that it matters now.
    Her figure thin... she didn't had exaggerated proportions on her figure, yet neither non-existent ones. You could say that it was a symmetric figure
    Her skin pale... not extremely pale, but at least more than the usual one.
    Dressed with blue jeans ending in a black belt, the top covered by a red sweater that seemed to be very old.
    Ornamented with gold bracelets both wrists were. The same color hanged from her neck in the shape of a necklace.
    Her hair mid long and black, a pitch black that even would stood into the deep night.
    And let's go with the more frightening part.... her face. It had the characteristigs of a normal face, almost as symmetric as her body though. Yet once one enter into her deep yet empty eyes, one would felt drawed to them, as if they were to hold some kind of magnetic force, stronger than the one of the earth. The color of those eyes were abnormal, for she was a Magister... yet even between them, those irises were frightening in some way. For they didn't had a solid color. It was a mix of transparent and white, like ghostly eyes. Her pupil was very little, enhancing her frightening appearance. But perhaps the biggest terror would be in the fact that those yes.

Lost the will to live long time ago, wandering in a form like a ghost.​

This girl was one of those that received the letter that called her to Tower and Hall Academy..... The girl thought that this was a strange event. Yet she didn't doubt to accept it. After all there were two simple reasons that moved her. First... it may be dangerous, maybe a trap even, still this would eventually lead to her death if lucky, and the girl was too coward to commit suicide.... so it as a nice option. Two.... it was exciting too, perhaps she'll may be able to find something that will give her a true will to continue, instead of the mechanic one that moved her... just simply living.

Yeah, this girl was someone who lost the will to live long time ago...
    But considering that we'll open the lid that seals her life, and as the curious pricks we are we'll freely devour her life with our eyes; then there is no reason to keep the anonimate and call her the girl.... After all we dirty creatures become happy just to know more about the privacy of one.

The girl was called Dahlia. Dahlia Brefthorn.... she didn't had a family, either they died, they escaped leaving her alone, or they never were there to begin with.
    This plus a several chain of events morphed her into the being that she is know

If we were to describe the kind of person that Dahlia is, the perfect definition would be “A person with a warm heart…”

Yeah, you know, that kind of person who always is there with an smile putting her effort to make good for others, helping them and overall bringing her love to them. Yet Dahlia’s situation is different.

Her heart is warm…. Because of the hot blood that covers it. Every single moment breaking a bit more, and from every single break hot red blood flow covering it, thus warming it. For each wound a blade pierced her heart and remained there, not allowing the wound to close, and thus warming more that heart with the hot blood. Friendship, Love, Hopes, Dreams, Conviction, Family, etc. All those shattered and from each one a blade of cold steel incrusted into her heart. And to overcome that warmness inside her heart, she forces a smile and an optimism and solidary behavior towards others, as if they were to be patches for the wounds… trying to stop that hot blood…. Yet without noticing it, she forced more pressure on the blood by covering the wound. So her behavior really fitted the one of a person with a warm heart.

But enough of piercing her privacy.. there is enough time for that.. after all, slowly the better isn't it?... Let's go with the current story.

As a machine, she moved like a programmed being to the building called the Tower... With the same paradoxical motionless movement she entered, her presence probably quickly noticed....
    And as a puppet without owner she mechanically pick the first chair she saw and sat on it...

And the first thing she did was to smile to the audience there...

The fakest smile they would see ever.
    The deepest lie they would feel in their hearts.

12. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

Beldamn Brothers ARRIVE!

A sleek black car started to pull up the school.

And it was blasting a song on full blast.

The two in the car looked like they should be in the FBI if they had a been a little older as they could bee seen as the windows were down. Both were dressed in fashionable black suits well at least one of them was. The younger looking one suit was had tatters and crinkles in it as if he'd taken a beating in it.

The first young man who had on the good seat. Looked around 17 and his light brown hair was neatly combed. He had some almost invisible acne on his face and the clothes he wore looked out of place on him. He looked sort of geeky. With a long gawky he wasn't ugly but he was't exactly attractive. Though they he carried himself screamed confidence as he stepped out of the car.

His face was completely stoic and his sunglasses reflected off the sun and his black dress shoes shined as well. He had almost perfect posture and from a distant he'd looked probably be able to scare off any young thugs from a distance.

When the other door flung open from the back the boy with the torn up suit pretty much hopped out. He was moving along with the music. Though he could think of a certain other band he'd rather be listening it. His hair was cut more in the style of a lot teens have them as opposed to the other's clean look. This kid didn't wear dress shoes but black converse sneakers that already looked like they'd been threw a lot. He was a lot better looking then the taller man though in fact he looked sort of like many teen heart throbs you see on the television.

Though he' didn't have nearly the same posture his companion did nor did he wear sunglasses. This man was slouching even as he was standing. In fact his entire body language screamed to say 'I don't care.'

These two were the Beldamn brothers and they didn't use any magic but only they knew they that. The taller one with sunglasses was called Angelo and the shorter younger one was Bobby. You could call them being there am undercover job to redeem themselves.

Bobby looked at all the other students and leaned over to whisper to his brother. "Didn't you say you we were supposed to lay low?" He asked. Aneglo's faced remained as cold as ever. "Yes but I wanted to look intimidating when we got here. Were surrounded buy cultist and possible freaks of nature." The older brother whispered back.

Bobby looked puzzled. "And Another One Bites The Dust is intimidating?" He asked.

Aneglo turned his face away from Bobby and the rest of students. He was grimacing but he couldn't afford to let anyone see it.

(Rule 22 of being an occult detective. Always remain calm in bad situations.)

As one would notice Angel was working on rule 22 as they would come to find out he'd be working on a lot of them.

Angelo motioned for Bobby to follow him and as Bobby walked behind his older brother he was winking and waving to every girl he saw. Bobby had a goal in his life and that was bang the brains out of every supernatural female there was. Much to Angelo's disgust.

"Hello." Angelo said nodding as he stepped up on the porch. "I have an invitation so does. my brother. I suggest you let him stay with me and keep him away from anything that can use the internet."

Bobby frowned the internet was Bobby's best friend....in a way it was his girlfriend no to be perfectly accurate his left hand was his girlfriend and Aneglo knew full well from past experinces that Bobby couldn't be trusted around computers, phones, pretty much any piece of modern technology that could get online.

Aneglo may have looked calmed but in truth he was shitting his pants at Dahlia's smile. He backed away a bit not exactly due to the smile but when magic beings smiled it was never good. And on top all this he had an immense fear of being beaten up which tended to happen often. But even more so he didn't want himself or his brother to be murdered.

Aneglo and Bobby then heard the word Apocalypse. Bobby put his hand on his silver knife which he always kept handy. Though nobody saw his hand on the handle.

Angelo's first thoughts that this place which he believed to be a cult was plotting some sort of mass suicide or worse they were actually going to start the end of the world. But he licked his lips as he imagined how respected he'd be if he stopped the end of the world. But he need more information first.

13. Love to Write

Tori

"gods! You smell!" Tori suddenly exclaimed pinching her nose. She was facing the general direction of Nova, with the cat. "Do you have like a dead animal clinging to you or something?" She asked without embarrassment. Her bangs once again covered her vacant eyes.
    A boy, a stinky woman with somesort of animal, and three other people, were now in the same vicinity as her. She felt the vibrations of two more people approach from the other side of the house. It was quite large. Like a mansion. The scent of tea and cookies permeated the air.
    Tori sat down on the floor near the coffee table and felt for the tray of cookies. Her fingers touched two or three before she found one large enough to suit her. "Got any soda?" She asked. "Tea is like...for old smelly people."

So much for soda. She thought.
    Tori remembered the feeling of the end of the world. It had been the most terrifying thing she'd ever experienced. She hadn't been able to see the damage being done, but she could feel it, hear it and smell it. Screams, smoke, blood. Earthquakes as buildings fell, the thud of bodies on pavement, the gurgling last breaths of people nearby. The demons. The smell and screeches of demons was one she would never forget.
    "What about it?" She asked defensively. The memories sent shivers down her spine.

14. Bewitched

Bewitched Banned

Teodorie

"What about it?" That was Tori, her voice full of indignant reproach.

Teodorie tried to give people the benefit of the doubt, so she didn't call the little girl to task about her attitude (although she was beginning to wonder about Tori's mom's warning). So the schoolmistress smiled politely and set down her tea cup on a saucer and looked around the table. Here were her new students, all of them formidable in their own right - would they be enough? She silenced her inner doubts and spoke.

"The Apocalypse was not an accident," Teodorie said calmly, speaking in a very teacher-like voice. "Indeed, it was brought about by a powerful Magister and several of his followers. He calls himself 'the Raven King' and his followers are called 'the Five'." Teodorie's face twitched and it looked like she might scowl, but then she forced her lip muscles to smile. "Anyway...the Raven King and the Five invoked a terrible ritual and opened a doorway into the Realm of Chaos." She suddenly looked skittish and she cleared her throat before she continued on. "I happened to be around when it happened, but it was out of my power to stop it from happening, so I hid like everyone else. As you know, the Daemons destroyed everything and defeated the Army, but only Magisters remember it at all."

"And then, it was like the world orbited the wrong way..." Her voice was filled with awe and giddiness. "I felt the most powerful spell I had ever felt in my life and time reset itself - it was all quite fascinating!" She grinned from ear to ear and looked around as if she expected everyone else to be just as excited as she.

"Exactly what is so fascinating about Daemons over-running human kind...?" A tall, broad shouldered girl stood in the doorway. She wore a ruby-violet jogging suit, running sneakers and rainbow wristbands. Her tattoo was a collection of jagged, sharp curves that loosely resembled a crescent moon on the back of her left hand. As she came into the room she ran a hand through her messy, short-cut auburn hair--her fingers were each painted a different neon-bright color.

"I'm Jubilation Jane, by the way. Just call me Jubilee." She flashed a big, handsome smile and dropped into a chair.

"Oh...well, hello there, Jubilee." Teodorie gave her a welcoming smile and a nod over her head. "As for your question, I only meant the time-reversal spell was a truly miraculous piece of magic - probably the most powerful spell ever cast in history. I should know, I'm an expert on the history of magic - I'm writing a book about it, you know." She beamed proudly, temporarily forgetting that she had been talking about the Apocalypse.

15. lixAxil

"Excuse me..."
    Dahlia raised her hand....
    She didn't come here to hear a lesson on what the Apocalypse was. And even if what the mistress said was impressive, many people would probably already guessed that it wasn't an accident.
    Dahlia was here for two reasons. Either to die, or to find something exciting.
    And if it was only a lesson, like any class would do. Then this was a waste of her not valuable, neither useful time.

"...... What are we exactly gonna do?...." Asked with a firm tone, surprising coming for a person like her.

This was an academy... yet the circumstances were strange... at least for her. Perhaps not only her, but many felt that there was something fishy here.

16. Bewitched

Bewitched Banned

Teodorie

"...... What are we exactly gonna do?...."

Teodorie gave Dahlia a thin smile, trying her best not to frown.

"It is not what I will do, but what you will do," Teodorie said sagely. "I brought you here to guide you and to provide you with the resources you need to grow - and you are here to help me put a stop to the Raven King and his dastardly plans."

Jubilee scoffed incredulously. "You would employ kids to defeat this creepy dude, the Raven King? And his pals, the Five?"

"Yes, I would, because no one knows when the Apocalypse will return - or if it will - and I cannot risk running around the country looking for adult Magisters with powerful Affinities. You all are all I could muster on a short notice, and you will have to do." She suddenly jumped up, her chair scraping back noisily. "I have something to show you all. Don't worry about the tea things, the Twins will take care of it. Now, if you will follow me..." Teodorie swept out of the room.

Jubilee stood and tapped her chin thoughtfully. "I think all her book learning has screwed up her brain." She shrugged. "I guess we should follow her..."

17. Kingtype

Bobby skipped up to Dahlia as she was the nearest girl. He figured he might as well try and realize his goal while he was there and heck according to the teacher the end of the world could come at anytime. Bobby wasn't sure what she meant by that but he knew he didn't want to die a virgin and before Angelo could stop him. He opened his big dumb mouth. "Hey foxy lady. You looking for some fun tonight?" He asked thinking he was suave. "You a vampire or something? Because that's fine with me."

Aneglo shook his head at his brother and he knew the danger of speaking like that to monsters. But for now he'd simply pretend like he didn't care. So he kept his cool and walked over to Dahilia to avoid conflict. "Excuse me miss. My brother is very rude." He said as started pulling Bobby back. "I told you to law low!" He whispered with venom.

"I'm trying to law low in her ass!" Bobby fired back and then it was at that moment the two realized that they were shouting as opposed to actually whispering.

Aneglo looked around his eyes wide under his sunglasses and spoke continued were Bobby ended his sentence. " Ass- Burgers." He mumbled...."yeah um Aspergers. My brother here wanted to law low because of his Aspergers." It was quick excuse and terrible but Angelo thought it was genius.

18. lixAxil

Some strange guy got close to Dahlia.
    He stank... he has the smell of lies and deceives....
    She knew that essence very well.... It tainted the very soul of someone.
    She smiled then... showing her fake, filthy smile, the embodiment of a lie itself.

"I know what are you thinking..... I can read minds.... I would thank you if you stay away for me please..." said with a polite tone

19. Kingtype

As Angelo was dragging Bobby away the young man kept on talking. "Hey I don't have Aspergers. That's a damn lie!" He shouted at his brother he then looked Dahlia and the rest of the girls he could spot in his sat. "Unless you guys find Aspergers sexy because then I totally have it." He continued. "I'm the smexy beast after all. So I'm used to ladies denying my love even though they really want it. "

Angelo stepped in front of Dahlia. He was scared shitless. The girl looked like the sort of person that could throw a bag of babies off a cliff and not feel much remorse. But his face was stoic like it had been but there was sweat forming on his forehead. "You stay out of our way and we'll stay out of yours." He said turning his back to her. He smiled an arrogantly as he started walking back. He'd just owned a magical beings ass. Of course he actually hadn't done so but it was a win in his book.

Bobby was about to say something else but Angelo discreetly stepped on his brother's foot to tell him to pipe it before anymore hell broke loose.

20. SocksFox

Miri: A Question of How

"Yes, I would, because no one knows when the Apocalypse will return - or if it will - and I cannot risk running around the country looking for adult Magisters with powerful Affinities. You all are all I could muster on a short notice, and you will have to do." She suddenly jumped up, her chair scraping back noisily. "I have something to show you all. Don't worry about the tea things, the Twins will take care of it. Now, if you will follow me..." Teodorie swept out of the room.

Miri came to her feet with the barest whisper of sound, her skirts a playful froth about her knees. She ignored the crude banter of the new arrivals, her goal firmly fixed. Her eyes were seething and dark, gun metal grey. No one had noticed her yet, but she has a question, one that required an answer.

Her light steps brought her to around and in front of the group. Fear warred with resentment, as she turned to confront the headmistress. Questioning authority was something she had never attempted before, but Miri had to know. "How did you find us? No one on the Isles knew about me, so how did you find out?"

Questions followed their inherent tendencies and begat more questions. And that was all Miri had, questions, too many of them unanswered. The biggest one being: Was there a connection between her mother's death and the letter from Tower and Hall?

Her father might control custody, money, and living arrangements, but he didn't control her. Her mother had raised to ask questions, to probed deeper than the surface. Her soft melodic voice was a ghost in Miri's head. "Life is as deep as and varied as the sea, Miri. Countless hidden currents awash with beauty, glory, and tragedy. Predators and prey, struggling up the night and down the day. Fortunes, destinies like the tides will ebb and flow. Look for the hidden depths, take nothing at face value. Reach deep, trust your instincts. When the time comes you will know what to do."

She shoved aside the phantom whisper as she waited, more than half expecting her brazen demand to be tossed aside. It was a first step, she had found enough courage to try.

21. Love to Write

"How did you find us? No one on the Isles knew about me, so how did you find out?"

"She's a master wizard." Tori piped up at the newest voice. The person had soft feet and a pleasant voice. "It couldn't have been that hard to find us. Whoever us is..." Her lips pursed together as she realized something, "Hey lady that owns this big house...I don't even know your name. I don't know any of your guy's names. Shouldn't we like, you know, get know eachother before talking about doomsday and saving the world?" Tori skillfully stepped over a bump in floor as she followed the leader of this whole thing. There were so many vibrations, so many people. But she'd been in busier places. This many vibrations just helped her see better.

22. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Nova Cartwright

"Farrow will be fine so long as he is not provoked." Nova said nonchalantly as she followed the others, casting a quick glare in Tori's direction. Farrow was not smelly, but it hit very close to home . . . as to where she came from.

You'll do great, Nova. Make us proud. her mother's voice resonated in her mind, and the girl patted her cat's head to comfort herself as a distressed look came over her face. She needed to do well here and then maybe find a use for her powers so she could help her family. Despite all outward appearances, Nova was actually one of the poorest of the poor -her father having abandoned his family and stripping them of all their money in the process. It had taken every last penny they could scrounge up to get the outfit the wore now -all of her other clothes. And she did not want to be found out. What would they think of her? No -better to keep it secret. Hidden. Gone.

I will, mom. I'll try. she resolved finally.

23. SocksFox

Miri: Ruptured Bubble

"She's a master wizard." Tori piped up at the newest voice. The person had soft feet and a pleasant voice. "It couldn't have been that hard to find us. Whoever us is..."

Miri's pale cheeks went bright pink at the obviousness of the answer. She felt like an idiot, but she didn't hold it against the girl who had answered.

There hadn't been a wizard or sage across the Isles in generations, just a very rare few with a mild Affinity to Water. Of these few, Miri was by far and away the most gifted. Maybe her father did have a point when he said she needed to see more of the world. Everyone else here seemed so much more sure of themselves.

Tentatively Miri smiled at the girl, who was wonder of wonders, just a little shorter than she was. "I'm Miri, by the way. What's your Affinity if you don't mind my asking?"

24. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

Lyle Margrave- All These Darkened Souls

Lyle stood, rather that sat at the table. He listened with interest to everything that was being said, and studied those around him.

There was a girl who was blind, he could tell that now... her eyes didn't give off any light. That was a particular thing that he had noticed early in his life. The eyes, of those with sight anyway, gave off a peculiar light that he could feel more than see. But still, it was there, this probing thing called vision. It was almost like there the mind was a candle, and the eyes were a pinprick in a piece of cloth that hid that candle from sight. They let the barest bit of the light of a person's soul escape, to explore the world around them. But this girl Tori, was blind, no light escaped her. But still, it seemed as though she could see somehow. He wondered how she managed that.

The two in black suits seemed to be harmless idiots. That's what Lyle took them for at any rate, and the woman who ran the home seemed to be a decent sort, knowledgeable at any rate.

But the girl who now stood before them demanding to know how she had been found was interesting. There was something about her bearing that said that she was a dancer, fluid and lithe. But in her gaze there was anger, and sadness, he wondered why that was.

Then he noticed the girl with the black hair and dead eyes. She wasn't blind, she only had the eyes of a sightless one, there was still light emanating from her soul. But, it was, placid, unhealthy light, like a flicker that will either go out, or catch and burn the house down. There was something off about this one, something superficial and fake, something... dark.

Once his observations were concluded though, he payed rapt attention to what Teodire was saying regarding the past and future apocalypse. He remembered that day, the darkness everywhere, drowning the precious light that he needed. If it happened again, he was sure that he would go mad and throw himself from a bridge before a Daemon or the darkness could kill him.

25. SocksFox

Tori and Miri: Common Ground

"I'm Miri, by the way. What's your Affinity if you don't mind my asking?"

Tori didn't answer for a moment, as if she was totally ignoring her. But she wasn't...at least not on purpose. When Tori didn't hear anyone else reply she said, "Huh? Are you talking to me?" She threw her hands in the air in exasperation. "See! This is why we need to learn eachother's names. I can't tell if you're talking to me or someone else. Finally she said, "I'm Tori, Miri. My affinity is with the earth." She tapped her tattooed foot on the ground as if to emphasize the point. Many people found her rude, as she never looked at them in the face but that was just cause they didn't know she couldn't tell where their face was. And unless they asked, she didn't bother correcting them. If they wanted to feel offended, they could go right ahead and feel that way.

"What about you? What's your affinity? Is it air? Cause you're really light on your feet. Like a dancer."

Understanding dawned. Tori's reactions were similar to those of Gram Norde, the last Affinity prior to Miri. The old dame was blind as a bat, but still sharp as a tack. She had taught Miri much over the course of the years.

Miri wrinkled her nose slightly at the thought of earth, but she liked Tori's openness. There was a blunt honesty about her that was reassuring in this sea of unknowns. "Water. It is a fluid, moving element that translates well into dance, so to gain better control, I dance. My Affinity follows.

I grew up surrounded by the sea on all sides. The Isles are so different from this place. Deep, cool, lush and so green. The air forever smelled of dampened earth and heady brine. There is no harsh light. Mist and fog are constant, a cloak that hid us from most of the world. I am beginning to see that it might have concealed the world a little too well."

A smile echoed in Miri's tone. "There is a lady back on the Isles we call Gram Norde. She's the one who taught me the basics with my Affinity, age took her sight from her, but she still sees through her Affinity. She can sense the pulses and blood flow through the those around her. Does your earth Affinity do something similar? I noticed that your feet are bare."

Tori smiled. Not a mocking one as was her usual, but a true smile. Someone understood her and ability. "Yeah. I feel the vibrations. They show me where everything is and a gist of what it looks like. That's one of the reasons I hate the water." Her nose turned up. "The vibrations in the water are to difficult to read. It just makes me dizzy." She was silent for a moment and stepped out of the way of a decorative vase. "Hey, do you have a tattoo as well? I heard somewhere that everyone with an affinity has one. Is it true?"

"Yes. It's true. Mine's right between my shoulder blades. It's a Celtic Water Knot. At least that's what Mom and Gram Norde told me. It's hard to tell given its location. Yours makes for an interesting conversation starter." Miri said, as a real smile finally melted the frozen expression she had worn since her mother's death.